Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-10-2023, 11:17 AM   #21
Mitch44
Grade 1

Having used Bris products for over 30 years it didn't take me long to see that the ones within RDSS were inaccurate. They have improved but still have some inaccuracies. Why would I use second rate products when I can get the best as a Bris and TwinSpires account holder?

Lt1 also uses those from the original source. Maybe why we win more perhaps. Every edge exploited places us closer to our objective.

Additionally, I don't use RX Factors within the program or Richie Mathie's 4 factors. BTY in consultation with me prior to his passing he changed that and was using a different formula.
I primarily use it for pace. I also have used Bris pace figures for years and their very good.

RDSS continues to have problems with entry's and profit ratings and scratches. With orginal stuff this is not a problem.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:45 AM   #22
Speed Figure
AlwNW3X

Don't forget that the 4 factor method needs Profit Line and Prime Power in order to work! without those two ratings it's the 2 factor method!

The 4 Factors used in this method are all found grouped together on the Rx+ screen and also on the Entries screen. They are:

-VDC (Velocity relative to Deceleration)
-CSR (Composite Speed Rating)
-PL (BRIS Profit Line)
-BPP (BRIS Prime Power)
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 11:50 AM   #23
Mitch44
Grade 1

From a business standpoint, wrong numbers and changing the algorithms to keep the thief's at bay is probably cheaper than legal fees for every Tom, Dick or Ted that appears.

Stick around as chaos will return and crash the party.

Mitch44
Old 12-10-2023, 12:11 PM   #24
Mitch44
Grade 1

The point is it doesn't matter if you can obtain it for free at times or when a promotion is taking place or whenever. It cannot be reproduced for your own personal gain or business etc.

Quip operating on the cheap and make a deal with them to obtain it legally. No disruptions and everyone is a happy camper. The price may have to increase but you get what you pay for, breakdowns and all.

Mitch44
Old 12-10-2023, 12:16 PM   #25
Mitch44
Grade 1

Thats true Speed Figure, plus some RX factor. For most this is a death spiral because few really understand pace and its concepts. A knockout blow for sure. They want that instant gratification and no work.

Mitch44
Old 12-10-2023, 01:07 PM   #26
cratman
cratman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
#2 I seriously doubt a business would give out free to any and every one and remain in business long. These products are sold for a reason.

"They offer that data for free to get you to buy stuff! RDSS takes what is only publicly and freely available and presents it to the user for their consideration." Only and your definition of only is every day and every track running???

Mitch44
Google provides free search. They are very profitable.
cratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 01:12 PM   #27
Lt1
Grade 1

Just thought I clarify what I told Ted with regards to the free #s used by RDSS and the actual #s account holders get. I found that the free BPPS #s are almost always correct[99%] agreement with the actual published BPP #S. The problem I found was with the PL# especially with races involving entries. Many times when one part of the entry is in the top 5 the free #s will show both halves of the entry in the top5 when in fact they are not. Another point of info folks should be aware of is that when 2 or more of the top 5 have the same PL odds ie #3 & #5 have PL odds 6-1 the #3 will be ranked ahead of the 5 even though it might not be the better horse. When Rich & I inquired about this customer service really didn't know why. I reached out to the VP I was working with and his answer was that just the way it was set up[he didn't know why either except he guessed it was easier for the computer geeks to do. Please keep in mind my previous warning about accepting tier ranking blindly.
Tim
Old 12-10-2023, 01:13 PM   #28
Mitch44
Grade 1

The fact that it is free or not doesn't matter. I'll assume it is free, that does not give the right to reproduce and profit from it. Period!!

Mitch44
Old 12-10-2023, 03:24 PM   #29
Lt1
Grade 1

Okay I been reviewing this problem. Folks what you say is a free promotion is in fact the new betting platform TS put in place a few yrs ago. I worked on this with the then VP of the project. They were going to do away with the Classic form but this new platform did not have PL or BPP #s included. Fortunately the VP was one of the few at TS that wagered on horses. When I explained to him the value of the numbers he understood what I was saying. Within 2 days he emailed this platform for comment. In fact if I remember correctly I was posting my progress and did post this here. Anyway this is the platform used for actual betting by paying customers. Just check out all the tabs and you will see everything that paying customers do. I don't believe that TS would be giving this away for every track everyday to non paying customers. Also my question is now that if it were free why did they cut off RDSS access to this info?. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll leave that up to the powers that be to figure it out.
Tim
Old 12-11-2023, 02:54 PM   #30
gandalf380
Grade 1

I also don't understand the issue. TS gives the numbers away for free. To obtain the numbers in RDSS, one must have a TS account. so TS is saying is that you can obtain the numbers directly from them with no account but if you use RDSS you cannot obtain the numbers evenif you have an account with TS. Makes no sense to me.