Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Vinnie
Grade 1

Rachel Alexandra in the Preakness?

Hi Guys! I just had to post about the very real possibility of RA going to post in this years Preakness. OMG what an incredible Fillie. Just last night I watched her last 4 races over at the Kentucky Derby website on video and although I realize she hasn't beat anything out there that would be considered genuine world beater types to date, she is a breath taking talent. I can't believe how she can seemingly effortlessly run a 1/4 in 22 and change and a half mile in 46 or 47, all the while building up a crescendo for late in the race and taking off again while never being touched or really asked to date to bare down when entering the stretch in any of her last hand full of starts.

A horse with such immense talent that possesses such a rare gift for speed and the ability to carry that speed over a distance of ground brings a heck of a lot of pressure to bare on the other participants in the race? If she comes close to duplicating any of her recent efforts, who do you think can deal with her on Saturday? I know that Big Drama is incredibly quick, but, I truly believe that RA will simply set off of him and put it on every one late in the race. If Big Drama runs his race I would expect him to hang on for a piece of the pie, but and of course I would also expect horses such as Pioneer of the Nile, Papa Clem and Musket Man to be around for a piece as well.

I am just interested to hear what some of your opinions and thoughts might be regarding this Fillie and the possibility that she may clearly be the dominant factor/ or not in Preakness 134?

Have a Great day today and Good Skill to all.

Vinnie
Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

Good but never pressured. Let's see what the match up finds before anointing her the fifth Preakness winning filly. I recall others Silverbulletday, and all those Lukas fillies that were crushed in these races OTHER than Winning Colors who was alone on the lead (AND as my friends at Claiborne told me FULL OF MALE HORMONES to boot)

Last edited by Tim Y; 05-12-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
mikesal57
Grade 1

Who will Calvin Borel ride?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Rachel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Who will Calvin Borel ride?
Mike I am pretty sure if Rachel goes in the Preakness Borel rides Rachel A and I think Mike Smith rides MTB.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #5
Vinnie
Grade 1

Rachel

It has been confirmed on TVG and other sites (and Mike Smith himself) that he will be on MTB and Calvin Borel will be riding Rachel Alexandra. It's going to be an exciting race.

Have a Great Day guys!

Vinnie