Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 03-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
Tim Y
turf historian

QUESTION for the group

Our simulcast director had a question no one was able to answer today and asked IF I could find out for him. in the Swale, Big Drama set the TRACK RECORD for 7 furlongs, BUT, that one was disqualified and placed second.

Question: Does Big Drama get credit for the NEW track record, or NOT?
That one actually went from gate to wire in that time, BUT not officially in first.

Last edited by Tim Y; 03-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Tim Y
turf historian

Found the answer.
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/rac...ification.aspx

Go to the bottom that has a link to the Equibase chart and the DQ'd horse is now listed as the track record holder.

Last edited by Tim Y; 03-28-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

I have a question I see that you use Spec160 and I believe RDSS has Spec 160.What is the difference if any between the two programs other then Guy did one and Ted the other and that RDSS has more bells and whistles.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I have a question I see that you use Spec160 and I believe RDSS has Spec 160.What is the difference if any between the two programs other then Guy did one and Ted the other and that RDSS has more bells and whistles.
I am under the impression that only the platform (DOS vs. Windows) is the difference while the data manipulation is the same. When I have used the same lines as others, the outcome is the same but for the nitty gritty you would have to ask Ted.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Jeff,

I'll let Tim respond further, but I will correct a mis-statement: Guy Wadsworth indeed developed Speculator (an evolution from Validator), but Guy did not do Spec160 - I did. Guy's last version of Speculator was called SPAND. I addressed my opinions of the shortcomings of Speculator prior to Version 1.60, especially following the 2006 Speed Rating changes by Trackmaster, in this post: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=15

Basically, Spec160 adds the corrected SR formula (as does my update of Validator4), and adds back the Trackmaster intertrack variant. Speculator versions prior to Spec160 are less effective and should be avoided.

Perhaps a nuance, but for the record.

Ted

Note: I was composing this message while Tim was responding above.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 03-29-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1

Ted,Made a mistake I was talking about Speculator done 1n 2004 by Guy.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
Tim Y
turf historian

The FIRST Speculator went through about 7 iterations before his last one SPAND, but it was without an inter-track variant (which caused a lot of problems). When the speed ratings were re-calibrated, the software was updated to that change by Ted in Spec 160.

We tested several Sub-sets of the main program as well.

THE biggest breakthrough, in my opinion, OTHER than the match up beaten lengths display, HAD to be the pre-analysis screen where you can filter all lines via the same factor: Hidden or total energy, 2nd call or true speed. It makes pace line selections much easier and more relevant.

Last edited by Tim Y; 03-29-2009 at 11:07 PM.