Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
Lefty
Grade 1

Manual For Syn2

Anybody have a manual for Syn 2 that I can buy?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:23 PM   #2
Lefty
Grade 1

seup

Since I don't have a manual, how do you determine what to use as setup times and calls?
Old 06-16-2018, 10:20 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Pretty sure manual is in Sartin library
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #4
Mitch44
Grade 1

Lefty: I have a manual but I would never sell it. As shoeless said it is in the library and can be found there.

The input needed is the track record and call times from horses that raced from that track of the lines you chosen. This all came from the DRF which was used back than. At a cost of $11 (I believe now) for the DRF, well forget about it. Its a terrible rag anyway which can't hold up to better and cheaper products nowadays.

I would recommend you and others get away from using these old programs as they do not compare or get the results that RDSS obtains. There is just no way they compare to Sartin's later improvements and programs. The RDSS program is far superior to any previous program Sartin had, sold, endorsed or developed.

Why accept inferior results and not go with the best? With the present RDSS one doesn't have to input all that stuff by hand or adjust for different tracks or variants as in the early 90's. Just choose a pace line and its all automatic to include adjusting any chosen line to todays distance.

The fact is that no older Sartin program will out perform todays version of RDSS. Use them only if you want mediocre results. Every advancement Sartin ever made is contained in RDSS and not in any other older program. RDSS has been simplified to a just few key readouts and towers over any previous program.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Lefty
Grade 1

Couldn't Find I

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Pretty sure manual is in Sartin library
Shoe, I couldn't find it. I'll look again.
Thanks
Old 06-17-2018, 07:54 PM   #6
Lefty
Grade 1

Found It

Shoe and Mitch, found it. Thanks, just didn't look far enough.
Old 06-17-2018, 11:26 PM   #7
Lefty
Grade 1

Kinethesia

Mitch, I think that's what the Doc called it in the FollowUps. He finally gave in to downloading because a lot of his members wanted it. I have always done better with manual input than downloading. I had a great day with Synerg 2 even though after reading the manual a while ago, I did some things not quite right.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:44 PM   #8
Lefty
Grade 1

downloading

Let me expound a little further on my last post, lest It hits someone the wrong way. A lot of people download and it's good for them. I think it's necessary if you're playing several tracks. And I'm sure RDSS shines as a program, and maybe sometime, I will get it. Right now I'm happy picking out a few aces from one or two tracks. There are guys on this board hat use RDSS with great success and I don't want to imply otherwise.
Thanks for listening...
Old 06-23-2018, 12:33 PM   #9
shoeless
Grade 1

Lefty

I agree with your previous post, I dont play many races so manual input
is no problem for me. I have used Synergism 2 in the past and think its a
really good program. You should listen to the tapes of a seminar they did,Doc does a great job of how to do the match up using FPS.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:16 PM   #10
Lefty
Grade 1

Love To Hear...

Shoeless, I would love to hear the tapes but don't know where to find them. Looked for them, in tapes section, just couldn't find them.