Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-20-2022, 09:40 AM   #1
CheckMark
Conley

ProfitLine and BPP

How far back can RDSS get data from or how far back, in general, can I get data for ProfitLine/BPP?

I have a friend who gave me all of the ProfitLine sheets and Ultimate PP's from Woodbine last year (which Includes BPP in the program) but the one day he doesn't have is June 12th, 2021 for all data from Woodbine (BPP/PL)

If someone does have data back to that date from Woodbine that would be great as I am doing a study of Brisnet PP and ProfitLine to see if I can find any key hints when handicapping

Thanks all and sorry if this is not allowed
Old 01-20-2022, 05:48 PM   #2
DaveEdwards
Grade 1

So if I understand this post correctly, it's about a non-Sartin related issue and also discusses sharing RDSS data which is forbidden?

You know the guidelines here Conley, but continually go against them after people have repeatedly pointed out issues with your posts.

This is getting ridiculous.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:02 PM   #3
ranchwest
Grade 1

I don't see the point anyway. If you can't create better numbers than Brisnet, you're probably going to struggle anyway. Not that their numbers are bad, but public numbers are not a path past takeout in my opinion.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 07:50 PM   #4
Lt1
Grade 1

Conley all you need to know is that BPP & Profit line get the winner in their top 5 90% of the time and serve as useful tools for contender selections.
Tim
Old 01-20-2022, 09:49 PM   #5
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveEdwards View Post
So if I understand this post correctly, it's about a non-Sartin related issue and also discusses sharing RDSS data which is forbidden?

You know the guidelines here Conley, but continually go against them after people have repeatedly pointed out issues with your posts.

This is getting ridiculous.
Did you notice that I have not posted as much as I used to because each and every time I would post (minus the Sports thread) I always receive harsh comments back just like this.

I was not asking to share RDSS data I was asking if anyone had profitline sheets or brisnet PP’S from that day and could share as I have had people share me files (non RDSS) before no problem but notice how I also said “sorry if this is not allowed” knowing that it was either allowed or not.

So in conclusion I am sorry for asking such a horrible question and won’t bother to post here anymore if this is the respect I get on this forum. And if this is getting “ridiculous” I am for sure Ted would have noted already and booted me off.

I am a nice positive guy who respects what this forum is trying to represent and all but I like to try new things hence why I was asking for the data so one day I can either have my own completed research about handicapping horses or try to find ways to improve others handicapping with being a on air analyst. And as the saying goes “What you put in is what you are going to get out of it”
Old 01-21-2022, 12:21 AM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Conley, I checked and I don't have TS Ratings for WO for that date.

In general, if I don't have anything to say about a subject, I say nothing. I'm sure everyone who commented here was sincere in their point-of-view. I find, in life you have to decide whether to take offense with whoever disagrees with you, or carry on. That takes a bit of self-assurance.

If anyone has TS Ratings for that date/track obtained by RDSS and wants to help you, I can help them find out where they are stored. I consider them in the 'public domain', like Morning Line or Mutuel prices; they're available daily for the asking on TwinSpires site.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #7
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Conley, I checked and I don't have TS Ratings for WO for that date.

In general, if I don't have anything to say about a subject, I say nothing. I'm sure everyone who commented here was sincere in their point-of-view. I find, in life you have to decide whether to take offense with whoever disagrees with you, or carry on. That takes a bit of self-assurance.

If anyone has TS Ratings for that date/track obtained by RDSS and wants to help you, I can help them find out where they are stored. I consider them in the 'public domain', like Morning Line or Mutuel prices; they're available daily for the asking on TwinSpires site.

Ted
OK thanks Ted I know that PL is free on Twinspires but you have to be on there on the day to see them

And for BPP of course you would have to buy it between $1-$3 at Brisnet so that is all I was asking I know and respect the rules associated here but for this is one of those things where it was "up in the air" of if it was allowed or now to get data to those who have that date for BPP and PL

So again if anyone does have it we can work things out with Ted and I and go from there
Old 01-21-2022, 10:51 AM   #8
gandalf380
Grade 1

Conley

If you have the entire year, I think that missing one day from your records will not have that much of an effect on your overall conclusions. So my advice is to focus on the data you have and not stress on the tiny amount you are missing.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:55 AM   #9
The Pook
Grade 1

Hopefully this is what you are looking for. Don't have any of the scratches though.

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #10
The Pook
Grade 1

The rest. But Gandalf is right. This isn't going to matter.

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote