Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
Tim Y
turf historian

Energy

I get a kick out of the folks (usually Johnny Come Lately's) who keep telling me "racing has changed!!!" and go on to promote the synthetics as the future of the game.

First of all: energy expenditure and the build up of lactic acid have not changed since Eohippus evolved into Equus callibus. Exertion over a distance produces the same effects as it ever did and as long as the breed stays the same, the SAME result will occur.

Second, and more importantly, putting in, and learning the requirements of maintaining a new racing surface are really expensive. MOST middle to small markets are hurting BIG TIME, and the idea of such a face lift like that at most courses is on par with me being a Russian prima ballerina next week.

The "grandstanders" (those folks who are reductionists and try to understand the game at arm's length) don't have a clue, but then we are betting against them which is a really good thing when you think about it.

Last edited by Tim Y; 11-05-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Tim

Thanks Tim

Also has anybody else noticed since the Breeders Cup at the tracks you
wager, how many more races seem to be carded for the top 3 favorites

Doc talks about this often, How at points of the year race tracks
will card races that seem to favor the low price favorites

"This is easy" "I should do this more often"

The energy readouts see it a mile away

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM   #3
Tim Y
turf historian

In the COLD all one has to do is bet early and often.Once out front few get passed that have any gas in the tank at all......WORKED NOW FOR 6 straight years.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote