Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Gulfstream 2/14 Data Errors

Sadly, it looks like there are data errors that RDSS cannot handle for today's Feb 14 Gulfstream card of races.

Several users have demonstrated this problem to me during the Convert process, which leaves the card incomplete and unworkable.

The odd thing is that I had Converted and assembled this card a few days ago and everything worked fine All races are there and normal. In an update. some data must have been introduced which RDSS cannot handle, similar to a few other GP cards over the recent months.

Some users, like me, did not get Convert errors but on inspection of the resulting PPs, there is data missing which is a sign of an incomplete Convert.

Please treat the card as unusable.

I will do my best to get to the bottom of this intermittent problem.

Ted

Name:  GP.02.14.err1.png
Views: 450
Size:  5.8 KB

Name:  GP.02.14.err2.png
Views: 484
Size:  3.2 KB

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 02-14-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
The Pook
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

Last July in a thread titled “Current and Future State of RDSS” you laid out plans for migrating RDSS over to a more stable environment. This you said would be an upgrade to address some of the buggy things going on.

I was wondering how this is going? I have had the issue that is happening with todays GP card happen before at GP. So now today GP, apparently, is not an option for me on a day that I would probably work GP.

It is now 7 months later. Are we any closer to that new bug free 64 bit platform?

Mike
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike, I have been working on that upgrade (as well as a few other things). All I can say is that I do intend to deliver something in the next several months which at least covers the instabilities and irritations I mentioned in that announcement last year. Some of it is more work than I thought, some is done. Migrating to the current development environment of my tool (PowerBuilder) has been more work than I thought, as has been integrating another ADW for tote data access (Amwager).

This problem with Gulfstream (and recent similar issues) was not even on the radar last year, but clearly needs to be dealt with.

FWIW, a 64 bit version will be available (in addition to an ongoing, updated 32-bit version) but that's not as big a solution as some might think.

I am sorry it has taken so long. I can understand your and others' frustration with some of the glitches and workarounds. I'll make an announcement about a release schedule when I am closer to asking some high volume users test what I have - hopefully by sometime in Spring.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote