Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Selections
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Selections Post Your Picks - 1 race or a card

Old 01-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Cool Pegasus Cup

Here's my take on the race. Mucho Gusto hasn't race since September but has been working lights out along with Higher Power who broke slowly in the BC. I'm changing my mind on Seeking the Soul who hasn't shown anything in his 6 yo campaign, but I will use in exotics on his back class alone. Changed my opinion on War Story who is now my Top Pick, followed by Tax, Mucho Gusto, then Higher Power [an in and outer] and Tenfold [strong closer]. I think Mr. Freeze is more of a miler than a classic horse. Both War Story and Tax won at this distance at Monmouth this past summer while the Gusto horse has shown the most consistent ability but the layoff and track change may work against him NOT TO MENTION NO LASIX IN THE RACE. Diamond Oops may have speed and may be good up until 1-1\16 but that last 1\16 of a mile is the reason why they call this a classic distance. Horses like these hit that invisible wall in the stretch, so he'll have to prove to me he can stay the distance at this level of competition. Until he does no bet, however in the exotics he may last for 3rd or 4th.

Last edited by omar; 01-24-2020 at 10:47 AM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #2
omar
Grade 1

I have to correct myself, I was thinking of Mr. Timber of being more of a miler and one turn type of horse and Not Mr. Freeze who is 3 out of 4 at distance with 1 win. I can see a scenario where Mr. Freeze upsets at a price. And how in the world did they make Bodexpress the 6/5 choice in the Harlans Holiday over War Story and Phat Man? And today the oddsmaker is saying he's on equal par with War Story(after just losing to him), Seeking the Soul or Tenfold!! What's in his resume that puts him on equal footing with any of those 3 horses??? At least those 3 have established stakes wins in their record. What's Bodexpress's claim to fame? He ran second to Maximum Security! Hey, John Q. Public is doing a wonderful job betting these horses and I hope they keep up the good work. Their loss is my gain $$$.

Last edited by omar; 01-25-2020 at 07:31 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
omar
Grade 1

Hey Billy, nailed the 10th. I used my Sartin program to handicap the turf marathons. I caught the 8th and saw the #4 top 2 in AP & EP and in SP top 3. So picking my lines with ffr and tpr in 10th race, only the #4 & #11 fit the profile from the 8th race. Whata ya gotta know. I hook them up with the closers: 1,7 and 5 and bingo a $500 exacta, not to mention i bet the top 2 win and place $74.60 and $29.80. On to the next race.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #4
coacht
Grade 1

nice handicapping Omar

Big exacta hit
coacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Hey Billy, nailed the 10th. I used my Sartin program to handicap the turf marathons. I caught the 8th and saw the #4 top 2 in AP & EP and in SP top 3. So picking my lines with ffr and tpr in 10th race, only the #4 & #11 fit the profile from the 8th race. Whata ya gotta know. I hook them up with the closers: 1,7 and 5 and bingo a $500 exacta, not to mention i bet the top 2 win and place $74.60 and $29.80. On to the next race.
Way to go Omar Just like the days at the Meadowlands

Good skill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #6
omar
Grade 1

Angry Pegasus Cup

Despite all that I had good day Saturday. Hit every race starting with race 5 but didn't play pk6, go figure. See my blog titled Pegasus in Selections.
Omar

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-29-2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: moved from another thread
Old 01-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #7
Mitch44
Grade 1

"Despite all that I had good day Saturday. Hit every race starting with race 5 but didn't play pk6, go figure. See my blog titled Pegasus in Selections.
Omar."

Now this has gone from extravagant exaggeration(hyperbole) to pure BS. I seem to recall this same scenario for the BC and other posts. I also looked at your post titled Pegasus and found no selections on these races.

Bottom line is if picks are not posted prior to the gate opening its totally meaningless. I'm always 100% after a race but don't always get paid. We can all play that game.

This is a serious site where people come to learn and not to shovel BS. Not accepting the facts of one's game is a road to destruction and no different than fooling yourself (whomever) more so that fooling your peers.

IMO,
Mitch44

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-29-2020 at 08:28 AM. Reason: moved from another post
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #8
omar
Grade 1

Check out "Pegasus" in the selection section and you'll see my Pegasus analysis before the race. I don't handicap a card of races to tell all who I like for the general public. If I did I would hang out a sign and sell my selections, which i'm not interested in doing. You can think what you wanna think, I really don't care.

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-29-2020 at 08:28 AM. Reason: moved from another post
Old 01-29-2020, 02:27 PM   #9
omar
Grade 1

my bad it's called " Pegasus Cup". Posted it Friday morning and updated it Saturday morning.

Last edited by omar; 01-29-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:39 AM   #10
CheckMark
Conley

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
my bad it's called " Pegasus Cup". Posted it Friday morning and updated it Saturday morning.
Doesn’t change anything. Mitch is correct(always agree). A place here for selections and not some stupid blog.