Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 01-27-2020, 03:04 AM   #21
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
If You Invest in 2 bets @ $2.00 (each) at odds of 4-1 = $4.00
(Average Odds have multiple combinations) If your lower odds horse wins, the bet becomes progressively worse.
You can dutch as close to the average odds as possible to get same amount back no matter which ones wins.
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:38 AM   #22
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
You can dutch as close to the average odds as possible to get same amount back no matter which ones wins.

Yes, you can dutch or hedge and get a fixed amount back if you win but in the long run it's a losing proposition. The only time I would consider a dutch bet or bet 2 horses equally would be on 2 possible longshots in the same race. This would be an infrequent occurrence for me.
In my humble opinion and as I recall, the reason the 2 horse betting came about in the mid 80's to the present was because it gave a sense of false security and confidence to a specific group of players that could not win betting a single horse. Actually, and as per my interpretation, it was a great way to market product even though it was not very credible and in my opinion and best knowledge not a feasible or correct way to wager. At best, it was a temporary fix for those that could not help or think for themselves.

That being said, everyone has the right to pick their own poison.
partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote