Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
papajohn3times
Grade 1

Question Vertical bet construction

Hello everyone!
A question I have

Any ideas of formulating bets like doubles, pick 3, 4, 5 and 6??

I saw a response from Ted and that was long ago. Most of those sites are gone and Crist book is not available on Amazon

Thanks folks
Papa John
papajohn3times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 10:01 AM   #2
Mitch44
Grade 1

I believe most know from constructed a P6 ticket that multiple horses drastically increases the cost of any ticket. I believe then that the object is to reduce the extension (amount bet) on all bets. The less in the more profit. This means you have to not only handicap the race but also handicap the races. Here your looking for a key race,like you would look for a key Horse for horizonal bets. A single that can be the foundation for the sequence of the horizonal bets. Ditto for the 2nd best race or one that your sure you can hit with just two horses.

This also applies to vertical bets such as EX, Tri. etc. Its foolish to box as an example 4 horses. When doing that your saying any one of the 4 can win and place. That is seldom the case. Sure there are some races that are that contagious, but seldom, and those are races that probably should be passed. Of course if the race is the anchor to a P6 than play all 4.

Bet a little to make a lot. Also make your largest bets with winnings.

Its very hard to employ the Kelly from race to race, especially playing multiple tracks. I have found its much easier to employ the Kelly after each day than from race to race. No not as effective as after each race but your not giving up much as compared to not employing it at all. If you have the ability to employ it after each race than go for it. Play to your strengths.

Always try to end up with a profit by stopping before giving it all back after a nice profit early on the card. That small profit even if $5 will build your confidence for the next day of handicapping.

Betting is an art itself that too few pay attention to. It s a huge factor in measuring success. Give some serious thought to how best to employ your assets or capital.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 08-23-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote