Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 03-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #21
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
I think on April 16, 213 Dell is coming out with a tablet that has an 18 inch screen and does weigh in at 5lbs.!!!!!

Bob
Funny you should mention that, i was just looking into that tablet. Looks like a very interesting tablet, i love the size of the screen and it's fully customizable. I will wait and see what it will cost with the hardware that i would want, and i am curious about the reviews, i'm sure battery life would be horrible with a 18" screen. Things are getting very interesting in the gadget world.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #22
buzzm24
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I bought the MS Surface Pro (128 Gb version) last week and have slowly been setting it up. RDSS2 runs fine on it! Much faster than any other computer I have owned (due to 4 Gb memory, 64 Bit OS, solid state drive).
Ted
I am looking into the new Surface 3 that was recently released. Similar specs to the original Surface Pro in that it has

Windows 8.1, 10.8 inches Display 1920x1280
Quad Core Intel® Atom(TM) x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel Burst(TM) technology up to 2.4GHz)
4 GB RAM Memory, 128 GB Flash Memory (93 GB Available)

It has USB 3 & microSD card for expansion.

Since it runs Win 8.1, I assume RDSS 2 wont be a problem. My only question is whether the processor will be okay.

Cheers

Tony
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:19 PM   #23
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzm24 View Post
I am looking into the new Surface 3 that was recently released. Similar specs to the original Surface Pro in that it has

Windows 8.1, 10.8 inches Display 1920x1280
Quad Core Intel® Atom(TM) x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel Burst(TM) technology up to 2.4GHz)
4 GB RAM Memory, 128 GB Flash Memory (93 GB Available)

It has USB 3 & microSD card for expansion.

Since it runs Win 8.1, I assume RDSS 2 wont be a problem. My only question is whether the processor will be okay.

Cheers

Tony
Not a problem at all, it has tons of processing power. Ted uses the Surface Pro 3 and can tell you in greater detail how RDSS functions on the Surface.

I just purchased the Asus Vivotab 8 with Windows 8.1 to run RDSS when i'm at the track, and it functions beautifully with a fraction of the processing power of the Surface 3.

For any Canadian looking at the Surface 3, The Source is giving away 10 Surface 3 tablets in a contest, you just have to enter your particulars here....

http://www.iwantthatsurface.ca/
Old 05-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #24
buzzm24
Grade 3

Thanks Hoof! I am pretty excited about getting this and not having to carry around my laptop which is not huge but still very bulky.
buzzm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:56 PM   #25
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzm24 View Post
Thanks Hoof! I am pretty excited about getting this and not having to carry around my laptop which is not huge but still very bulky.
Buzz, that new 10" version of Surface 3 should work great - processor seems fine and the SSD will make disk retrievals sing. The HD screen res aspect of it will be somewhat lost on RDSS when viewed on the tablet, unless you use your magnifying lenses but if you plug it into a big monitor, it will work just like a Desktop/Notebook class computer.

My Surface Pro3 IS my main computer. It pretty much ran out of juice Saturday after a full afternoon at the track (5+ hours running RDSS and some web access), but your newer one may have some extra battery life enhancements.

Hoof11's smaller ASUS tablet looked pretty spiffy too (though it didn't pick any more winners than mine.. ). When you get yours, let us know how it works!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #26
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

My Surface Pro3 IS my main computer. It pretty much ran out of juice Saturday after a full afternoon at the track (5+ hours running RDSS and some web access), but your newer one may have some extra battery life enhancements.

Hoof11's smaller ASUS tablet looked pretty spiffy too (though it didn't pick any more winners than mine.. ). When you get yours, let us know how it works!

Ted
That's unusual about your battery, i had 60% of my battery left when i got home.

It must be that ClearType Full HD Display that is draining the battery, those HD displays can really chew up power.

Ted is right, you need a good pair of glasses to view these tablets, unless your a twenty something....
Old 05-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
raceman5
Grade 1

Beware

Was reading on the paceadvantage board today under the computer section that windows 10 may not be compatable with the surface pro. Check out the article before you buy.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:18 PM   #28
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
Was reading on the paceadvantage board today under the computer section that windows 10 may not be compatable with the surface pro. Check out the article before you buy.

Bob
I found no such article on PA, in the Computer section or elsewhere - perhaps a link? Anyway - it is inconceivable that a newly released Micrososft tablet would suddenly not work with their soon to be released Windows upgrade ...

Whatever that article meant - it meant something else. No reason not to get a Surface Pro.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:01 PM   #29
raceman5
Grade 1

They

took it down Ted it must have been B.S.
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:18 PM   #30
Hoof 11
Grade 1

That's pretty funny, i'm with Ted on that one, why would Microsoft release an OS that doesn't jive with their very own tablet, comical! That post must have come from an IOS fanboy.

From what i have read, Windows 10 will optimize the tablet experience more so than Windows 8 has. The future is all about mobile computing, and the Surface tablet(s) are asskickers.