Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 06-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #111
Bill V.
The egg man

Rx 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Pook
I found that if you access PL you get an error message. Ignore that and you can then save your data automatically. the only problem is that rx3 is messed up. However, I found that at Belmont the 3 Rx's are virtually identical in their predictive value so it is no great loss for me but I am able to save all the info automatically.
Ditto for me Charlie.
I just ignore the twinspires error and then use RX 2. I am okay with out PL
and I can keep up with my data model automatically

Best Skill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:56 PM   #112
lostandwon
Grade 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
Or, have two versions. A "bare bones" version kind of like Val4/Spec160, but without tote, Rx, PowerLine, etc, and an enhanced version with tote access and other bells and whistles. If someone wants the "deluxe" edition, they could pay extra for your sweat equity. As it is, the $150/year is quite generous, so I'd imagine that many RDSS users would have no issue paying extra for the added features. I'm sure that there are people content with not using extras and like keeping things simple. Don't overextend yourself, Ted. It will all work out in the end!

Tim
Thought this to myself before
Old 06-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #113
The Pook
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gandalf380 View Post
Pook
I found that if you access PL you get an error message. Ignore that and you can then save your data automatically. the only problem is that rx3 is messed up. However, I found that at Belmont the 3 Rx's are virtually identical in their predictive value so it is no great loss for me but I am able to save all the info automatically.
I was simply anxious to get the new totally connected RDSS update. None of the, just do this, or look over here, or ignore that etc. to get by for now stuff. And the reason for the anxiety is the, in hindsight, overly ambitious delivery dates that get blown through.

But it’s okay. I am good. As a paying customer I am allowed to complain and maybe light a little fire under Ted’s ass which he is luckily able to sit on while putting the update together.

So Ted, yes you kept me in business with the latest non-released current version that you had at the time. And I appreciate that. But you gave me the impression then and a couple of months before that, that the update was imminent.

I understand you have to do it right and obviously we want it right. There is no doubt that I and others are waiting. If RDSS was crap and the promised smooth interface was of little interest, we wouldn’t be waiting.

Thanks
Pook
The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:51 AM   #114
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Folks, thank you all for your concern and suggestions about the next release of RDSS 2.1! I do regret giving overly ambitious release dates for software - and have done for 30 years - LOL (just ask my wife)! But I can't help but try to estimate those dates, and more often than not, I get them wrong.

So I won't give an estimate. The estimate is: soon enough.

Re software tools: I use state of the art tools for RDSS: PowerBuilder, SQL Anywhere database, Chilkat software libraries for internet tasks and much more. I can interact just fine with all online data providers including TrackMaster/Equibase, TwinSpires, AmWager and XpressBet. Delay is not the tools fault, it's the programmer/customer and tech support staff/bookkeeper/web site maintainer/chief cook and bottle washer - that person who also likes to bet on his own account. Perhaps too many hats, sigh ...

Re outsourcing: in 35 years of professional software development, I can count on maybe 2 fingers the number of successful outsourcings of components of large software projects (which RDSS is for sure). My judgement, rightly or wrongly, is that outsourcing modules of RDSS would take FAR more time, energy and sorrow than just doing it myself. Bedsides - RDSS software (licensing and TrackMaster data share) does not pay that much as a business, so there's not that much extra money to pay someone worth their salt to do discreet modules of it. I do appreciate the thoughts though for solutions to get it done more quickly for everyone's use, and the kind words of encouragement. (And I don't really mind 'squeaky wheels' ...)

In the end, it WILL all get outsourced somewhere, but presumably not for many years to come: there are a number of very valuable things I have left to do with it. And, I do enjoy working and talking (often behind the scenes) with 99.99% of everyone I meet

Jeebs and lostandwon - you are not the first ones to have thought of that evolution of RDSS ...

I promise to release the next version of RDSS as soon as possible, but not sooner. In the meantime, despite some admittedly irritating current glitches, we'll have to make do with the useful tools as they were left us by Doc Sartin and the others.

Thank you all!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #115
Lt1
Grade 1

Well stated Ted since after all we all know that haste makes waste. Keep up the great work.
Tim
Old 07-01-2018, 12:28 AM   #116
Bill V.
The egg man

I have left wing issues

Hello Ted

This is from Dad's recent updated RDSS reinstall

Every time he opens a new race or if you goes from the original screen tab tp another tab like Tote for example

When he goes back to the origianal pace line tab the PP's don't show up

The only way I can get them to appear is if i click that blank tab on the left
It is just a blank tab and its located just to the left of the original PP/s tab

Name:  Left wing issues.PNG
Views: 692
Size:  83.5 KB
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #117
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bill, thanks for the report. This is an unnamed tab (an artifact of research some time ago) which normally appears at the right end of the Tab list but somehow has become located at the left end of the Tab list.

Fortunately, you can control where any Tab appears in the list and whether a Tab is visible or not, using the PP Panel Tab Layout Icon, the 'gear' icon at the right side of each PP Panel.

Click on the PP Panel affected to bring up the Tab Layout Dialog per the screen shot below. Normally, that unnamed Tab resides at the bottom of the Tab list. If your Dad's is at the top, simply click on the Order number for that Tab and and enter a number higher than the bottom Tab number, or simply 999. Then click Update. The Tabs will renumber themselves with that unnamed Tab at the bottom. Further (or alternately), you can simply uncheck its Visible box to make it invisible.

Finally click Update, then Close.

Name:  PPPanel.config.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  96.2 KB

I'll make that little unnamed Tab permanently invisible. Sorry for the confusion. All the best to your Dad!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-04-2018, 10:38 AM   #118
Dorianmode
always learning

It's not a bug, and I suspect might be easy to add to any new versions, (??), but it would be nice to be able to filter in "My Races" also for "claiming amount". Just a suggestion. Thang Q.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #119
gandalf380
Grade 1

This has happened 4 times in the last three days but only at DMR.

The program shows up with the horses already deleted, so that when I go to the tote screen, it then deletes the horse again. For instance in this race the two horse is deleted but the program shows the entries with not two horse. When, I go to the tote board and back, the three horse is deleted because it is the second horse shown. The three horse should not be deleted. (I hope this makes sense.)
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #120
Ted Craven
Grade 1

This happens because SoCal tracks (both SA and DMR, in my experience) in their wisdom, choose to eliminate some consecutive horses when there are early scratches. In this example, there is no #2 and #5 horse (early scratches). The 2 and 5 betting interests show as scratched on the tote board, so the 2nd and 5th horses in our list (which are the #3 and #7) are scratched (incorrectly).

I'll have to scan for missing horses (only happens in SoCal, I think) and make sure to pad it with blank Tabs so the tote-based scratching works correctly.

Thanks for the report!

Ted

R
DSS -