Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
omar
Grade 1

Wink Ky Dby Postmortem = Preakness Outlook

I'm not going to enthrall you with my literary acumen like in my derby blog. Instead what your going to get here is JUST THE HARD FACTS OF HORSE RACING LIFE WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT.
Since i don't use RDSS i'm only going to mention the fps that i use with one of my Sartin programs and the pacelines i chose on the entrants and the whys. Now you can run my pacelines that i chose on the preakness with RDSS either before or after the race to get another slant on the race-the choice is yours.
#1 last race because i see no reason not to use it;
#2 last race because of the quality horses he couldn't beat on the class rise;
#3 2nd race back because of a troubled trip on an off track with a new jock who comes back again on the horse;
#4 last race because HE WON on an off track. He got a dream trip on a sloppy track where the 2 main speeds were backing up at the end and the closers couldn't handle the track and the trouble they encountered early. Now we'll see how he reacts to real speed horses the 10 & 2, not to mention the 5 who's gonna shadow him every step of the way this time around.
#5 the race on 11/05/16 because most 3 yo's by this time of year have already surpassed their best efforts as a 2 yo, this guy hasn't due to an injury in late winter. And if you think horses can't rebound off troubled trips go watch what happened to Touch Gold in the 1993 Preakness and Belmont.
#6 2nd race back. Just throw out last race and how can they label the race wet fast, ya see now that's FAKE NEWS! He's one of 4 deep closers and if you think a horse like this can't win, go back and and watch the 1976 Preakness on you tube.
#7 last race because lets face it he's just outclassed. Look who he beat-SONNETEER and only by a nose!!;
#8 last race because at least he won the Lexington!;
#9 2nd race back because he ran close to the winner last time even though the mud helped him- see his 9/17/16 race in the mud at CD- and so I want to help him with that better race even though he got beat by the #5 in that race and will probably get beat by him again;
#10 last race because he's very consistent, hasn't run a bad race yet and runs well fresh too. Will contest the pace to the end hurting the #4 and maybe even the #5.
I think this race sets up for the #'s 1-3-6 and 9 and the 6 beat the 5 once before, but if the 5 runs to his best race then the rest are battling for 2nd money. Just bet the value horses here. I will put the 4 in my triples and supers.
Hey Richie P. i'm glad to see you back in the game. I know, I know, you thought you were out but they pulled you back in. Nobody ever leaves the herd.
Later, Omar.
p.s. I almost forgot. The F1 and C2 horses are 10-5-3-4-2 and the 5-10-3-4, while the F2 horses are the 8-6-7-1. The F3 horses are the 6-1-5-9-3. The top sp horses are 5-1-6-3 and the top 2 deceleration horses are the 1-6. Even though i think the 3 will close, he shows up early because he ran against the 10 and his #'s are inflated because of that, and that tells you how much speed the 10 brings to this race.

Last edited by omar; 05-19-2017 at 10:52 PM.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:27 AM   #2
ssag0
AlwNW3X

Ky Dby Postmortem

Don't know if I can agree with the dream trip on the rail theory everyone seems to be talking about. He was on the rail with pressure coming from 2 horses along side him to the top of the stretch,22.3,46.2,111.1, then he took the lead from them entering the stretch and it was over. And he doesn't need the lead he can sit a length or so off and in a weak crop of 3 year olds this horse has the tactical speed these other plodders don't have.Makes him quite a threat tomorrow.
ssag0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:21 AM   #3
omar
Grade 1

we'll see. i'm just surprised that the 19 & 16 didn't come to the party and what about the 15. I just don't trust horses with hoof problems. I'm also using the 8 horse, my top F2 horse in my triples and supers in my quest to get a good price and get ahead of the element of chance!!! This is the 1st time in a while that no home town horses are entered.
omar is offline   Reply With Quote