Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Beaten by a Nose, 85% of the time, Why?

Okay I am here today because I want to become a winner, and I always thought I was pretty good Handicapper, but it seemed that evrytime I picked a HORSE, it would run around the track and somehow be in the lead right up to the finish line, and then he/her would give up the lead and come in 2nd, almost automatic, and I COULD NEVER FIGURE OUT WHY???

I believe I am in the place to find out, and can be taught here how to avoid that in the future and what to look for in the RDSS program to help me recognize that pattern, the one that cost me lots of money, and of course when I thought I would be smart and bet him 2nd in the exacta, of course he died sooner and or won the race, but for the longest time, My Pcik would lead 99.8% of the race and lose that last few steps of the race, consisitently, and now I wish to correct that and learn how to pick the winner that does not die, but has the energy to put the field away at the end of the race.

Right now I am going thru my db and trying to find race pacelines, with the following criteria,
1. recent races ( last 3 races ) providing no lay-offs
2. same distance
3. same surface
4. same class, if possible , but not neccassry (lowest priority)

Now these are the basic criteria, and it leaves me with very few races on a card sometimes, what is the average would you say that are playable on a average card at Belmont/Mtr/Woodbine/So.Cal/Calder, etc... would it be 3-4 races per card or less or more, I'm seeing some cards as a wasted download, unless ones criteria was changed to accomadate advanced paceline selection, and that is not where I am at yet.

But it would be nice if someone could help me understand how to get the edge on that last second beating I was taking for so long, please. I know it lies within the RDSS energy ,TE or some where in there, and once shown I should be able to remember and know what to look for , and can still use what's left in the DB to study with, and then use current cards to, as it is so much more fun to watch a race live and see how you would have done, and it alos teaches me patience and discipline in not betting every race,something I need to learn, and will.

Well it's been a long day, I hope this post will be understood, if not please ask me to clarify it more and I will try, thanks again, all.

Patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 06-25-2009 at 11:38 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote