Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 02:22 AM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

In the end...

A sincere debt of thanks is owed to Marie Bechtel who cared for Guy for several years, and who bore the brunt of the organization of the Memorial and dealing with the hundreds of details and communications in the aftermath of Guy's passing. Only true friends and family care this much. Also thanks to Marty Dahl and to Peter Tolan for their unflinching support to Guy during his final illness and all the way afterwards. And to those who sent their encouragement and wishes to Guy while he was sick, and those who made small and large financial contributions, or who were able to settle their accounts for software.

Time to turn a page, but not to forget. Time to try again to crack this ever-evolving puzzle of the next race coming up in 20 minutes. Time to focus on winning, both on and off the track.

Three things:

1. If you smoke, please try to stop.
2. Put your affairs in order, before you have no time left.
3. If you love someone, please tell them now.

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 02-24-2006, 08:36 AM   #22
Ted Craven
Grade 1

One last item: here is the music composed and sung by Marty Dahl to Guy's poem Romantica:

www.ArtofPace.com/music/romantica.wma

R
DSS -
Old 01-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #23
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Just a bump up of this old thread. Guy Wadsworth passed away on January 1, 2006 and I do think about him every year on this day (and lots more times in between).

Many newer folks will not know Guy, but he was Doc's programmer from around 1995 and did the work on PaceLauncher, QuadRater, Synthesis, Validator, his own Speculator, and provided me with the source code to Val and Spec, which in turn formed the basis of RDSS. Long estranged from Doc, Doc subsequently let me know that the code Guy provided me was the correct (Validator) code and that RDSS thus adhered to what he created.

So we all owe Guy - a sweet man, never perfect, but one of the most generous I have known. And a link in a long chain.

Ted

R
DSS -
Closed Thread