Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 12-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thank you all for a very Good Year!

Well, the credits on 2011 are just about ready to roll. It has been a year of thrills and spills, but all in all one I have been very pleased with and grateful for.

As most of you know, I have blown all my delivery dates for RDSS2 Beta updates and to some this will not be a surprise . Though not big on 'New Years resolutions', I am redoubling my effort to get something new out to the testers sometime in January (presuming I shake this horrible flu thing soon). About 60% of RDSS users are trying out the current RDSS2 beta - if any other RDSS users want to try it on, just let me know.

Membership at PaceandCap has increased in 2011 by about 25%. Many new folks are interested in reading the Sartin Library materials, listening to audios. I have an entire 6 hour video set of Doc Sartin which one of our members is trying to find a way to compress with sufficient quality to make it possible to offer for download.

I have taken a few bold steps recently to reach out to more horseplayers by taking a higher profile at PaceAdvantage.com where I have committed to sponsoring the 2012 Contest series. Many people know a little something about the Sartin Methodology, or about The Match Up, but many do not know what to do to make it a profitable approach for them. Many of the new 'faces' and names you see popping up here are as a result of this outreach, and I see them being welcomed here and their questions responded to with the customary friendliness and dignity which has become the hallmark of this community.

TrackMaster has also busted my chops to "get 'er done" re RDSS2 and this year I have finally linked up RDSS to their website, which results in fairly regular traffic.

I want to salute the many RDSS users who have formed into 6 three-man and woman teams for the Team competition Contest at PaceAdvantage (demo round, today). I wish them all the best of luck and skill! I also want to give a shout out to Dick M (rmath) who has leaped to the top of the Aqueduct Pick 4 Contest by a Secretariat 31 lengths! Keep it up Dick, we're eating your dust so far!

My thanks go out to several individuals for their contributions to our community. I thank several folks who have stepped up to be 'mentors' to others in their local or cyber community: Dave M in Dallas/Ft Worth Texas area (with his Team Texas), Bud Jones in San Diego for his regular meetings with So Cal matchup and RDSS students, Bob McN for his pan-continental work with his racing buddies, introducing them and fostering their learning of RDSS, Chris in Minneapolis/St Paul area, and my mother Barb Craven for her online work with her senior ladies handicapping cohort (50+ years of Sartin Methodology experience between them), known to the world now as the Dangerous Old Dams Team. I am sure there are many more groups of people helping each other on the phone, online and in local towns and racetracks which I am not aware of. If anyone out there wants to be a mentor, online or locally, and would like to hook up with folks either to teach or to learn but always to share, just write me and I will do what I can to connect people.

I recognize work being done by Mike Sal, Pino, rmath and Bill Lyster in finding ways to make NewPace work for them and for sharing their findings regularly with all of us. I also thank Dave Schwartz for permitting me to make his NewPace concept a part of RDSS2 - I believe we may be discovering uses for it not originally conceived of.

I also would like to thank Jim Lehane for giving me permission to incorporate some of his 'moves' related to form identification in the upcoming RDSS2 Beta. May I encourage everyone to take a look at his book, Calibration Handicapping.

I must always thank Bill V and RichieP for being 2 of the best teachers and friends I have ever known. Their dedication to their craft and desire to help others are models I use to guide me. And - Alison my darling wife has been my principal financial and emotional backer in this 6 year (or 26 year) odyssey thus far: I owe her everything and without her support, we would not be having this conversation right now.

A dozen others here are regularly so helpful with their posts and assistance in understanding the Methodology: For the Lead, Partsnut, Benzer (thanks for all your work rescanning the Follow Ups this year!), JimG, Alydar_David, SilentRun, BJennet, Houndog and surely more individuals than this.

To Doc Sartin, the 'founder of the feast' I whisper a word of thanks every day. To Jim 'The Hat' and his work with RichieP on the Matchup and his words of wisdom for life - we are lucky to have had you with us here for a few years, and by Doc's side for all the years before. Guy Wadsworth left us for a better world 6 years ago tomorrow, and everyone should know that it was through him and his programming efforts on Validator and Speculator that we have RDSS today, and thus the renewed connection with Doc Sartin after Doc's 2001 illness and retirement to seclusion. Rest well all of you, somewhere overlooking the finest finish line in the next world.

Anyway, for those of you still reading this far, my life is richer for becoming a part of this community. I am a better handicapper by far, and a richer man in all ways, for having chosen to share what Guy shared with me those years ago, which Doc shared with him, which Doc invented or learned or borrowed from others. It goes around, and it comes back around again.

Happiest of New Years to everyone, health, happiness and good fortune to us all in 2012!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 01-01-2012 at 08:37 AM. Reason: spelling
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
JimG
Grade 1

Thank you Ted for keeping the Sartin Methodology alive and providing this valuable resource. I hope you and Alison have a terrific new year!

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
rmath
Grade 1

Ted

Ted, Wishing you and everyone at Pace and Cap a happy New Year.
I also want to thank you and all the friends I have made since joining Pace and Cap for all you and they have done to keep Docs work going.
I know he is smiling down on each of us.
Keep up the good work,
God Bless us all.
rmath
rmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man

Ted Thanks for everything. Words are not enough Prayers to express
my happiness for our friendship are said so often . Just knowing you will always be there when i'm struggling with my emotions, makes my days. life is what Doc would want from me You are our captain. and A very big THANK YOU to everyone here at Pace and Cap

Happy New Year
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #5
ignacio todoberto bernal
Grade 1

Send a message via Yahoo to ignacio todoberto bernal
thanks Ted,Bill V..Richie and all of you ....wishing you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Ignacio.
ignacio todoberto bernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:47 PM   #6
Seven Furlongs
Grade 1

Thank you Ted for providing this conduit for the Sartin Methodology. May your continued efforts with RDSS be repaid twofold in the new year with a bushel full of happiness and a satchel stuffed with prosperity.

Wishing a happy and prosperous new year to everyone at pace and cap.

Andre
Seven Furlongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
shoeless
Grade 1

Lots of good posts by the people mentioned above and very informative.I
just hope some of it sinks into this thick skull of mine for 2012.

Hope everyone has a Happy and Healthy New Year
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
barb craven
Grade 1

I too want to thank my son for the new life he has given me in this wonderful world of horse racing and I salute him for all his hard work and to Alison for standing behind him in this all these years. I wish him all the best in his endeavours to continue the work of Doc, Hat and Guy and bring it into the future. It's exciting to watch RDSS2 develop into the best handicapping too there is. It makes me burst with pride at what he is and what he has done and continues to do. Forgive me, but it is the start of a new year and great things are going to happen, I know it.
To all my friends here I wish you a happy, healthy and profitable New Year. And thank you for being my friends and for all your help.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
trotman
Grade 1

Ted and all the great members of Pace and Cap I would like to wish you all a Happy, safe and prosperous New Year.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #10
mikesal57
Grade 1

Ted, thank you for letting me be a part of the teamwork to make RDSS all it could be...its just a small token of my appreciation that Pace and Cap has done for me in the past 3 years in horse racing and my personal life.

Wishing everyone a Happy , Healthy , Safe , and Prosperous

..NEW YEAR!!

Love
Mike