Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
Dorianmode
always learning

1. I took the races as RDSS entered selected FOR me, and left them as such, so no, I did not do anything of the sort as you suggested.
2. I really do not like your patronizing tone one bit.
3. I do what I do, and know what I know from my records. I certainly do not need YOU to tell me how and why I do things.
Have a nice day.

Last edited by Dorianmode; 02-28-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:42 PM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

agree

Thanks for your opinions

on what will work for the masses

Sorry to bother you

Bill
Old 02-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #13
Dorianmode
always learning

Yes indeed. Horses that pay $51.00 seem to be the choices of the "masses" now don't they.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
polambi
Grade 1

I couldn't help noticing that all the winners, since the beginning of this thread, have one thing in common: they are all underlined in RDSS2, as best lates. which brings me to the conclusion that the best lates in RDSS2, are prevalent in turf routes.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:51 AM   #15
For The Lead
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by polambi View Post
I couldn't help noticing that all the winners, since the beginning of this thread, have one thing in common: they are all underlined in RDSS2, as best lates. which brings me to the conclusion that the best lates in RDSS2, are prevalent in turf routes.
I've been around this game for more than 46 years and during that time, for those paying attention, this has always been the prevailing wisdom and that was LONG BEFORE computers and computer programs.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #16
For The Lead
Grade 1

The problem with this thread is…IT ASKS THE WRONG QUESTION!

RDSS, like any program, sits on your computer as dumb as a bag of nails, that is, until YOU (the user) gives it something to work with. Even then, it doesn’t know a thing about handicapping. It doesn’t know a thing about horse racing. It only knows how to process the mathematical calculations it has been programmed to perform.

As long as each user has their own concepts, no two users will get the same results, therefore...

The better the input from the user…the better the results.
The worse the input from the user…the worse the results.

So, here is the correct question.
HOW ARE YOU DOING WITH RDSS?
Old 03-01-2013, 08:36 AM   #17
Hoof 11
Grade 1

FTL hit the nail on the head, i had an issue with the OP' question in that RDSS is as only good as the person operating it. If you enter bad lines or incorrect lines, you will get bad results.

To answer FTL' question, very good thank-you very much.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #18
Dorianmode
always learning

Fyi

Bill sent me a gracious and kind note, which will remain private. Thank you, sir.

Of course you folks are 100 % correct. RDSS is a tool. There are hundreds of decisions and assumptions that go into the process of handicapping, learned over many years by those who really study this sport. There is no free lunch. This game is winnable, but only for those who study it. Apparently there are concerns, occasionally, expressed to Ted about RDSS not picking long-shots. My only point was, that used with skill, it can alert one to a horse the public has over-looked, and indeed I would have over-looked. So my process is to take an initial look at RDSS readouts before final contender and pace-line confirmation/approval to see if I might have missed something important.

I'll enter these races later today also in Contender Scan and post those readouts also. I suspect it will also point one to the winner. I also need to read the later Follow-Ups. Since I just started winning, right off the bat, when I came back and began using RDSS, I had little incentive to study them. So I will be taking Bill's good advice.