Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Exclamation RDSS1 and the Kentucky Derby

This year (as every year) the current version of RDSS (i.e. V0.99.2 aka RDSS1) can have trouble opening the 20 horse field of the Kentucky Derby race. The issue has to do with the intensive use RDSS1 makes of Windows graphic objects. You will have the best chance of working the race with these tips:

1. Open RDSS and go directly to the Derby race. If you open another race first, then open the Derby, RDSS will almost certainly crash.

2. If the race opens and you start to pick pacelines and RDSS crashes before you have selected a line for each horse, or you have multiple lines for some horses - start eliminating horses before you have entered more lines than RDSS can handle on your computer. You can usually manage to have 16 lines in the Analysis screens before running into trouble.

3. If you're still having trouble, reboot your computer, don't open any other programs, open RDSS, open the Derby race - see if that works.

All of the foregoing problems with memory and RDSS are among the many reasons why I have rewritten it, and why I will be publishing RDSS 2.0 later this year.

Very sorry for the inconvenience. If anyone is having trouble, just let me know.

Good luck in the Derby!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 05-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
clore1030
Grade 1

Well, we're down to 19 horses since Uncle Mo just scratched.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

And the winner is..........

Here is what I did:

A. The following horses are out - Stay Thirsty / Decisive Moment/ Comma to the Top

B. Master of Hounds = No clue

1st - Derby Kitten ..... improving figures, and can run on anything (Derby for a Derby)
2nd - Mucho Macho Man ....consistent fellow
3rd - Archarcharch......improving, bad post

will include in exotics - Nehro, Santiva, Dialed in

Good luck to all, and Happy Punting

JD Lee
Old 05-07-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by clore1030 View Post
I'm only asking as in another thread you said you were posting an RDSS 2 Derby screenshot and I'm looking for that.
Here you go: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...3&postcount=12 (EL 2.0)

Still working on my final analysis which, FWIW, I'll post in that same thread, but it won't be based on anything different that what you could do with RDSS1 - just my opinions!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #5
clore1030
Grade 1

Thanks for that. I haven't even downloaded the Derby card yet. I was waiting on the weather status. I used the DRF PPs to determine which ones I would eliminate from contention, I'll do the massaging later.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS1 & 2012 Derby

Has anyone else had problems loading the Derby race CD May 5 Race 11 in RDSS1 (V0.99.2)? I have tried on 2 computers so far and it hangs on each. I rebooted one, same problem and can't reboot the other (server).

Possibly the reason is due to 21 horses (including at least 1 to be scratched). We never had to load 21 horses before and RDSS1 was challenged to load even 20 horses, per the posts above from last year.

RDSS2 Beta 2.5 works wonderfully though. If anyone wants to work with this current RDSS2 testing version, just send me an email (support@sartinmethodology.com) and Ill set you up.

I am at a hotel in Toronto at the moment until Friday night, and out in the city, but will reply as soon as I get your email.

BTW, tomorrow, me and Patrick K (pktruckdriver) and Spence from Rochester will meet up at Woodbine, Champions Lounge 3rd floor. Anyone in the neighbourhood, please feel free to join us.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 05-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Friday at the races...... I think i will join you.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
rmath
Grade 1

Ted, I had the same problem with Rdss1 . Crashes when trying to load , rebooted and had same problem.
Rdss2 had no problem.
Dick
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #9
dugoutgold
Grade 1

looking at hardcopy now from "the Hat" files. Sure will be an honest pace with all the earlys in the race!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 PM   #10
barb craven
Grade 1

RDSS1 loaded up first time on my laptop Vista. I put that race in first though. No crashes.