Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 08-26-2018, 06:34 PM   #1
Jeebs
Grade 1

Synthesis BRIS download

Hello,

While I use and enjoy the power of RDSS, I like to dabble with older programs on occasion. I had an old copy of Synthesis (BRIS file download version) that was acquired awhile back, but discovered that the copy protection removal failed. Bill V. tried to help, but was also foiled.

That said, is there anyone here that may still have this program floating around? Also, would the $1 BRIS files circa 2018 be compatible with this version of Synthesis?

If someone can be of assistance, please send me a PM. I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you everyone!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Horses

Hi

Jeebs owns his copy of Synthesis.

He sent me his copy and I worked on it for 2 days, The problem seems to be the 3 major security bypass files, Everload, Fix It and Password can't open the program

I thought his copy might be corrupt, but I found an old copy I had and this one won't open either. I know it did at one time it worked

Might be something to do with windows and or DosBox updates
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:26 AM   #3
Jeebs
Grade 1

I don't know if Windows or DOSBox updates would cause the issue. I have used Windows XP with VirtualBox on my laptop and even with DOSBox loaded in, still could not bypass. However, I did not use an old version of DOSBox in Windows XP. Perhaps "downgrading" to a more compatible DOSBox would help?

I'll experiment and report back.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:57 AM   #4
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebs View Post
I don't know if Windows or DOSBox updates would cause the issue. I have used Windows XP with VirtualBox on my laptop and even with DOSBox loaded in, still could not bypass. However, I did not use an old version of DOSBox in Windows XP. Perhaps "downgrading" to a more compatible DOSBox would help?

I'll experiment and report back.
No luck.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #5
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Jeebs, Bris Net has a program called Multi Caps that is the same as the old synthesis program...probably one of those pirated programs that DOC used to talk about in the Follow-Ups. Here is how it prints out:
PP PN HORSE TF P1 P2 LP SR F1R EPR FFR TPR AP FX LX %M F1 EP SP OE
brisnet members get it for $2.00 a race card plus they bill you $20 monthly to use it(don't like that part)plus before you start there is a screen that you go into to tell the program what pace line to use plus any factor that you want to use or not use...you just have to read all the instructions before you start....Randy A.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
Jeebs
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsrr View Post
Jeebs, Bris Net has a program called Multi Caps that is the same as the old synthesis program...probably one of those pirated programs that DOC used to talk about in the Follow-Ups. Here is how it prints out:
PP PN HORSE TF P1 P2 LP SR F1R EPR FFR TPR AP FX LX %M F1 EP SP OE
brisnet members get it for $2.00 a race card plus they bill you $20 monthly to use it(don't like that part)plus before you start there is a screen that you go into to tell the program what pace line to use plus any factor that you want to use or not use...you just have to read all the instructions before you start....Randy A.
I've sampled that program before and it's garbage. I don't know how they arrive at their adjustments but it's like reading tea leaves. Thanks anyway.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Pace Of Race

Hi Ken
Hope you're doing well, man. Thanks for the kind messages. I am doing much better.

Ken, I agree with Jeebs

If I was to use a hand entry program I would go back to the Bradshaw programmed dos programs like Energy, KGEN EXDC, and Thoromation.

These programs are adjusted by the interweaving of the POR/POH of each horse's selected paceline.

If you are really diligent entering pace lines of true contenders and appropriate pacelines, Bradshaw and Doc did a great job with adjustments.
If you just enter the line for all horse with the best speed rating, there might be too much noise for their adjustments too.

Good Skill
Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #8
tom
Grade 1

In MultiCaps you can select your own pacelines, too.
But the price is notw $5 per card!
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:54 PM   #9
Jeebs
Grade 1

FWIW, the error message was:

"Security Error 7043-4302-4300 Program is not authorized to operate on this media. Please call your Dealer (800) 555-1212"
Old 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM   #10
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Tom when you sign up on the monthly plan Multi Caps is $2.00 per card plus a $20.00 monthly fee
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote