Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-26-2008, 04:48 PM   #101
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
Real interesting stuff Tim

You are thinking of Terry Hanratty
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Hanratty

Do you mean coach Bill Walsh ?
yes that's the guy. I was in his kitchen and he commented on my wearing a Cincinnati Begals shirt and asked me where I got it. "We moved them sometime back and had to wear this down on the field" was the answer. I only found out years later that he was a coach there as well.

I really wish we had digital cameras back then. There was a booster for the Saints who would meet the team every time they came out to go to the buses. He had a standing wager with them that if they lost, he would wear a plastic model of a house fly on his head. NEVER saw him without it for four years moving the teams. Wish I had taken his picture.

Last edited by Tim Y; 09-26-2008 at 04:58 PM.
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #102
shoeless
Grade 1

With the way people are losing their jobs and homes in this struggling economy of ours all this racing BS really seems quite silly.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #103
shoeless
Grade 1

Does it again in 1st at Philly pays 4-1 and coupled with 4-5 fav exacta comes back 27.00
Attached Images

Old 09-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #104
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
With the way people are losing their jobs and homes in this struggling economy of ours all this racing BS really seems quite silly.
What BS?.....This is a board about the exchange of ideas. POLITICIANS ONLY WANT WEALTH AND POWER...NOTHING ELSE
Tim Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:44 PM   #105
shoeless
Grade 1

Tim, That wasnt meant to be a political statement all Im trying to say is life's too short to have mostly everything I post turn into a pissing contest[i liked what you said you know who].I was just talking to a buddy of mine for over 30 years.He leaves his house to drive somewhere and hadnt gone a mile down the road when he has a seizure and runs into a telephone pole.Luckily he only had minor injuries from it and more importantly no one else got hurt.The main point is why do people get so insulted just because someone has a different point of view of looking at a horse race it's not like it's a matter of life death.If some people do think this way then your really wasting your life.Jeff

Dick,Sorry about getting in that pissing contest with you.I should not have done that after all the help you have given to me in the past.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:17 PM   #106
shoeless
Grade 1

What did this thread accomplish probably nothing but it does show how people can get zoned in one way of doing things and dont want to open their eyes to any new ideas.Tranier Intent isnt everyone's cup of tea and that's what makes racing so interesting that so many people have different ways of looking at a race.

Just wondering what happened to the Blueberry thread,I hope it wasnt deleted just because Ted didnt like it.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #107
albatross
Grade 1

Smile Method of play

Hi guy's new here this board is very good did not find anything really insulting to one another at worst maybe a little short.Tell you flat out i don't have any of sartin programs haveing said that do have great respect for his work.
Weather the methology is good or not is how you use it and are you suscessful.The only program's i bought were propace and ray talbourt pace software and equisim.Now quit useing all.As i'am computer idiot and spent more time trying use them then hdcp.Sartin,hat,ray talbart and yes know spelled ray last name wrong c.r.s. And think they are all winner's both bill v and shoeless have showed their are many ways to win browhammer book pace make race was after sartin work which say volume right there.Think biggest difference is there thought process is what will make you win or lose.Reading what the hat and other say is harder to asorb as we tend to want something plain like bet horse dropping today ran 4th last race.After hearing bill shoe talk they really don't differ just more comfortable useing what they do left or right.I myself like to try and blend a little this and that.
Enough of my rant oh ya pa a board is good but really get at each other and then get to be complete waste. Glad to be here
albatross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #108
Bill V.
The egg man

Albatross

Thank You

Welcome to Pace and Cap

Don't worry about anything
Were all just hanging out trying to win races
Just Hanging out

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #109
Charlie D
Match Up Apprentice

Welcome aboard Albatross
Old 10-10-2008, 06:34 PM   #110
shoeless
Grade 1

Hi Albatross,You sound a lot like me using computer programs.My buddy Pino has been after me to start reading Taulbot's lessons.I have been too lazy to do so but now with time on my hands I have finished the first 5 and they are really good.When reading them you see where Sartin really got quite a bit of his ideas from .The thing that impresses me the most that he combined pace and trainer intent in his lessons and he did so back in the 50's.He really was in my opinion the inspiration to most of these people trying to sell their products today.