Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 11-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
partsnut
BetMix User

The Perceptor - What Is It's Purpose And Function?

I've been using this function for the last 2 days and I've had success with it.
However, I will admit, I have no idea what it's purpose and function is.
It appears to me that this is the softwares conception of how the race should turn out. One might say it's predictive.

I did notice when used with the top 2 choices it seems to represent the Top energy and counter energy horse according to the users pace line selection.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and explain what it represents.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...rceptor&page=2

Bill..read this
Old 11-09-2011, 02:39 PM   #3
SilentRun
Grade 1 Aspiree

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post

I've been using this function for the last 2 days and I've had success with it.
However, I will admit, I have no idea what it's purpose and function is.
It appears to me that this is the softwares conception of how the race should turn out. One might say it's predictive.

I did notice when used with the top 2 choices it seems to represent the Top energy and counter energy horse according to the users pace line selection.

Please correct me if I'm wrong and explain what it represents.
Hello Bill,

I can give an overview what the Perceptor is but Ted has explained it in detail in previous posts and I recommend that you do a google search from the Pace &Cap site to access previous threads.

The perceptor consists of 7 primary factors as shown (below) from a representative race. The primary factors are defined and covered in the "Follow-UP" as well as in previous posts. EPR (Early Pace) LPR (Late Pace) CPR (Composite Pace)
TT (Turn Time which is the difference between the first and 2nd calls of the race), HID (Hidden Energy Difference between last 2 fractions) FW
FX (Average of First fraction + Third Fraction).

Forgot the definition of FW, anyway the Perceptor gives the overall ability of a horse's performance. Actually if you take any horse and list the Primary factors for all of the horse's performance you will come up with the best performance 0.0 and all the other performances are a percentage from the horse's best.
So when you get down to your 5 contenders as below, you will have the horse with the top primary factors and all the other horses a shown as a percentage for the best.

Thus you can say, or I can say from my viewpoint that the function of the Perceptor is an analytical measurement of how the contenders stack up against each other quantatively.

In the example below the 8 was the best (0.0) and won paying 10.60.
The exacta was 8/5 (5 was 3rd best)) and paid 38.40.

By the way Total Energy is separate from the primary factors. I also personally use V/DC and the relative rankings of V/DC to help me with my betting decisions

Hope this Helps,

Ernie
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Thanks Mike and Ernie!

For those unfamiliar - here is the Google Site Search link (searches only PaceandCap - much better than the BBS Search tool. Look near the upper-left corner of the web page, just a little bit below Doc's picture ...

For example, enter: Perceptor definition to get Mike's link above. Amazing what you can find!

Name:  google_site_search.png
Views: 741
Size:  31.0 KB

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #5
Bill V.
The egg man

Hi gang Thanks to Bill and Ted I have been lookng very close at the readout
I think Doc would be very happy with it.
I think it could be a new KGraph that s th e wavy lines on KGEN
With RDSS its a snap to run a horses pacelines against itself
Although you dont see a bulge or dip pattern you sure do get a clear picture of the strenth of each line
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Parts,

FWIW, whenever I use RDSS, I use the best Perceptor total in the last 3 races to choose pacelines, leaning towards the most recent if the ratings are close. Think I learned that from Ted a couple of years ago.

Jim
Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
partsnut
BetMix User

JimG

Quote:
Parts,

FWIW, whenever I use RDSS, I use the best Perceptor total in the last 3 races to choose pacelines, leaning towards the most recent if the ratings are close. Think I learned that from Ted a couple of years ago.

Jim
Hi Jim,

I would agree that the last 3 races would be sufficient (generally speaking) for most races.
Some would choose to stretch it out to 90, 120 and even 180 days depending on how the competitors lines set up based on their recency and frequency.

Best Regards,

Bill H.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #8
partsnut
BetMix User

Quote:
Hope this Helps,

Ernie
--------------------------
mikesal57:
--------------------------------------------

Ernie and Mike,

I appreciate your feedback.
It makes for better understanding.

Thanks

Bill

Last edited by partsnut; 11-09-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
JimG

I would agree that the last 3 races would be sufficient (generally speaking) for most races.
Some would choose to stretch it out to 90, 120 and even 180 days depending on how the competitors lines set up based on their recency and frequency.
Yeah, I was speaking generally for sure. When it comes to race handicapping/betting, I really do not live by too many rules. I think form, layoffs, etc. all play a part in the paceline selection. But for a quick and dirty look, the best of last 3 perceptor works okay for me (when using RDSS).

Glad to see your giving RDSS a look. There are some very knowledgeable users here to help. I am more than willing to help but I am not nearly as knowledgeable as most of the RDSS users here on this software. We are very similar in that we like to test drive everything. We are different though in you are a perfectionist and I am far from it.

Jim