Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 11-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Energy & Match-Up

Thanks to RichieP's and Jim "The Hat Bradshaws" excellent posts in the Match-Up area greater emphasis is being placed on the Match-Up as it should be. For my own part I intend to devote more time in pre-computer analysis with the match-up before entering them in Energy.

Originally it was my intention not to enter more than 4 or 5 horses in Energy. I believe by following the posts in the match-up area 3 to 4 horses is a reasonable goal. If I find myself looking at too many horses as win contenders I do not have a good grasp of this race and should pass. In the age of simulcasting passing races should not be an issue. I think you will find that you can get the race down to 2 to 3 horses in many cases.

By doing your analysis first and only then entering your true win contenders and appropriate pacelines and doing a comparison of your analysis and your Energy read-outs should improver your WIN%. It has always been my contention that Energy was designed to get you winners, but not necessarily place horses. One of the major contributor's to Energy was Jim Bradhaw, and as everyone on this board know's he is foremost a win bettor as he has often referred to the place horse as "ugly" horses.

Starting with Energy and the latter programs the "Match-Up" is there if you know where to look.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #2
admin
Administrator

Match Up

Hello Houndog

Since my visit to Mr Bradshaw then talking to Doc
My wagering has me charged up once again
All I needed was another few races working with Richie
to blend it all together If I am tired or want to work
more than a few races, Validator or any of the programs with BLBL
from the TM download works very well now that my contenders are
just a few based on the match up steps
I still enjoy doing races with Energy
The hand entry helps me get a better feel for the times and the
pace that the leaders will set . I love entering a bunch of
22.2's and 45.0's and then watching the race and the calls
are the same 22.2 and 45. Its great for the confidence.
I agree with you and the creators of Energy
Mr Sartin and Mr Bradshaw. Enter a few horses
and the readouts are powerful

GS
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
shoeless
Grade 1

Houndog,The obvious question for me is where to look in energy for the match up.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #4
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Houndog:

I am a long time Energy user and I can tell you that you are 100% correct. Energy absolutely works best when you have ONLY true contenders with representative lines in the computer. Then you will get a lot of winners and show horses. What Doc and The Hat always said was that one of your selections would win and the other would "fail" and come in third while the contra energy horse would run second.

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
Rxlawyer
Grade 1

Jeff:

I think the answer to your question is that you do the Matchup prior to entering data into the Energy program!

Gary
Rxlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #6
shoeless
Grade 1

Gary,I thought Doc had said that the match up was in the energy program.Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 02:31 AM   #7
peter e
AlwNW2X

Energy and Match Up

At one of the early Energy Seminars Doc said Energy was the ultimate match up.

Enter all the horses and eliminate any with no one's or two's in any readout.

With all the horses entered it usually calls for the manual adjustment. As horses are eliminated the gap in total energy lessens and you sometimes need to rerun using the auto adjust.

Peter E
peter e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
Houndog
Grade 1

Important Energy Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Houndog,The obvious question for me is where to look in energy for the match up.Jeff
Gary, Bill, and PeterE all gave great answers to your question. Jeff, I want to answer your question with a good example. Remember the AP race in the prior post. Anyhow I did much pre-analysis before the race and had a pretty good idea on how the race should set up. I noted running styles, how horses prefer to be positioned when they win, etc. Which horses need the lead to win, but can't get the lead today I could eliminate.

Anyhow this to me is the MOST important screen if you are looking for the Match-Up in Energy. When you really get familiar with this screen it is a great help in confirming your pre-analysis when entering horses in Energy. Gold Storm won this race.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #9
Houndog
Grade 1

Analysis

Gold Storm has a significant edge in the early stages in the race. He has a good advantage in F1 and also in EMUV on the Varius side of this screen. Also has the lowest UXR. Pretty much in agreement with the variegate predictor in this race. I did not show it but Gold was the 0.00 MUV horse and had 1's on the EP and FX sort. This would give you more confidence that Gold does have an advantage in the early stages in the race.

Some races in Energy don't line up as nicely as in this example, but many do. Gold Storm won at odds of 7-1. Your paragon A horse COJI ran second. Rogue is to far out of it to threaten these 2. When looking at Sustained horses like Rogue I would also take a look at Total Energy.

Last edited by Houndog; 11-11-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
admin
Administrator

Houndog

thank you for you help with these readouts
I see in the SMUV readout or Sustained Match Up Varigate readout a pretty tight grouping No real stand out late.
is this correct ?
Bill
admin is offline   Reply With Quote