Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
mikesal57
Grade 1

Match Up race that got away

Hi Guys..

I was playing aqu and tampa on thur..I had a few winners at both tracks, but because I had to go to work this race got away from me..It was a perfect and easy race to be had...

tell me who won....

mike
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
mikesal57
Grade 1

last horse..
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
shrink1
Grade 1

Mike,
It seems like the 8 won @ 23.00. Certainly looke like an OTE race.
Ira
shrink1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
raceman5
Grade 1

I

did not bet the race but from the minds eye it looked like the 7 and 8 were the only ones who could compete against a 45 and change. Anyone run this thru RDSS software? Would love to see it came up with.

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #5
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5 View Post
did not bet the race but from the minds eye it looked like the 7 and 8 were the only ones who could compete against a 45 and change. Anyone run this thru RDSS software? Would love to see it came up with.

Bob
Bob
Here is the bl/bl with default settings:

Best perceptor score of last 3 races regardless of dates/performance etc.
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
RichieP
Grade 1

Mike

Do you approach the races as they come up? MANY people DO just that including "The Hat" (he would look ahead only as far as his pick 3 bets were concerned).

Or do you grab a card and try to find lopsided races (E or O.T.E) that you feel you are quite sure how the WINNER will run (Spot playing).

Regardless of which approach do you do the SAME thing each time?

I didnt see the race before it ran.
Stay cool
Old 02-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #7
raceman5
Grade 1

Now out of curiosity Richie, do the race by turning off the variants. Do the race raw and lets see how it comes out. Seems with the variants on the 8 horse gets penalized for being fast?

Bob
raceman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #8
Bill V.
The egg man

Gee wiz

Hello guys Would it be possible If the original poster asks the
group to work a race can we give everybody a chance? Before the winner is posted. I just got home from work and I wanted to do the race plus people on the west coast are still at work or heading home. I saw the post early today and thought what a great work project for the group Thank you Mikesal

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #9
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Mike

Do you approach the races as they come up? MANY people DO just that including "The Hat" (he would look ahead only as far as his pick 3 bets were concerned).

Or do you grab a card and try to find lopsided races (E or O.T.E) that you feel you are quite sure how the WINNER will run (Spot playing).

Regardless of which approach do you do the SAME thing each time?

I didnt see the race before it ran.
Stay cool
In response to Richie...yes to spot plays at tracks I like..GP,TAM,TP,OAK,TUP,SA

I go to my free PP site http://mysite.verizon.net/whobet/trks2day.html and scan for sprint races that the match-up can used. I first look for multiple speed horses can can make the race "OTE". Then I match remaining horses after eliminating "earlies" and no form horses.

In response to Bill...Due to the crazy hours I work I dont have enough time to work all the races and post them for you guys to look at..
But if you look at FRIDAYS FEB 6 daily selections forum I put up a race that I matched up and liked at Oaklawn a few hours before post..he was at 15-1 morning line and WON...but paid $9.60...I'll take it!!
I dont like to place wagers that far in advance due to not knowing scratches and track conditions, but in the future I will put up a race or two for practice.

mike

Last edited by mikesal57; 02-07-2009 at 10:47 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #10
Capcondo
Grade 1

Sucked in by never repeated pace

When looking at the pace, it is easty to get sucked in (I have many times before) by the 7s pace two back of 22.2 45 at 7f. This horse has never done this before. The only two other races at 22 and change 45 and change resulted in a view of the parking lot at the wire. The 4 is the more likely pace candidate showing a 22.3 46.2 at Tampa (I prefer that race over the Calder lines). The actual pace of the race goes 22.89 46.55 which is close to what the 4 expects to run. The 8 has handled 22 and change 45 and change THREE times.

Tim
Capcondo is offline   Reply With Quote