Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
shoeless
Grade 1

I thought that you were going to step away from betting because of
money issues.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #12
trotman
Grade 1

Here is one you all can take to the bank. Mike Watchmaker of DRF or as many call him Mike Widowmaker is so opinionated yet when he wins it's chalk and when a horse he likes loses the excuses come out for the Derby. He knows absolutely nothing. It's loudmouths like him that tout day in day out which makes me wonder why Christ even keeps him around for he is more wrong than right. These big races you really need a standout in your gut to bet, though with guys like Watchmaker you will get a price, but in the end you are sure to be better off playing a claimer at whatever track than the Derby. Here is something I have always done for the Derby. look for 3 reasons why the horse could lose and then check him off for the win,. If you can't come up with 3 reasons and whittle down the field to a set of probables then you have no reason to be in the race and go elsewhere.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #13
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Trotman...you are so right...I go on DRF.com on friday nights and listen to Watchmaker, Mike Beer and Dan Illman discuss the weekend stakes races...Beer and Illman give fairly good analysis and they get their share of winners but of all the races that Watchmaker has picked since last November he has had only one winner...can't remember the horse's name but it ran at Churchill on Thanksgiving weekend and lost then it won it's next race as fav. Man this guy is horrible...can't pick his nose!!!!!
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #14
trotman
Grade 1

atkinsrr what makes me laugh is that many of these so called experts have spoken very harshly about touts and tips, yet Watchmaker is no better. I will agree with you on Beer and Illman they do give a pretty good analysis of the races without pushing their veiwpoint. Watchmaker on the other hand is all noise.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #15
lone speed
Grade 1

2013 Kentucky Derby/Oaks bris past performances

Here is the link to an updated Bris past performances of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks...time to crunch the numbers...

Link:http://www.brisnet.com/brisnet_promo...yOaks13PPs.pdf

Good skills
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
trotman
Grade 1

How can anyone pick the winner 3 weeks out with this underachieving lot. Yes Orb 4 wins in a row going in and Pletcher's horse undefeated, IMO they have shown nothing. Wait til the morning of to form an opinion because these 3 weeks will be the longest 3 weeks. I posted to Watchmakers story on DRF and it was trashed though I said nothing disrespectful, I only pointed to what a blowhard he really is and they didn't like it. Tip of the century when Watchmaker or Serling speak go the other way, and you can take that to the bank.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Thx for the pp's Lone Speed...Bris left off Den's Legacy who was #20 with 20 pts...has he been declared out of the race? If so I haven't heard...
Old 04-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Hey Trotman...actually it's good to hear Watchmakers picks...since he's had one winner since November...you can safely through his picks out...this early I've got ideas about who I think the contenders are but I can't make any decisions until the night before when I get RDSS finished..then I also hand enter on my old SYNTHESIS PROGRAM that Doc sent me in '98 ...but that is an advantage that we have...the racing public listens to this guy...and they bet his picks..... gives us better odds on ours!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
trotman
Grade 1

atkinsrr as I said before I've bet the Derby 4 times and it was off something I saw when they were 2yr olds and then I watched how they progressed. This year will possibly be my 5th bet in the Derby but until I run the numbers with post positions assigned my lips are sealed. If the horse should win then I'm still batting 1000. And not so anyone thinks I'll be talking after the fact I will post my selection the morning of. Put it this way some horses so far didn't impress me as a 2yr old but made the transition to 3, and some have made some noise this year but again didn't impress me. But one horse has been the Rodney Dangerfield and gets no respect but is progressing to a peak effort when the money is down.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #20
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

17 days to go, how time flies. Thanks for the PP's link , good place to start. I will be watching the videos of the prep races to see about any trouble etc, like in the Wood, there was a horse flying at the end, but I think was blocked early on, stuff like this would be good info, if it can be found.

Finally Frac Daddy showed a little spunk I been expecting all year but have been disappointed till last weekend, as this horse allowed me to make the playoffs in the PAHIL Contest.

I had a few people contact me about pooling our funds , but I think this may be too hard pull off, unfortunately! 1 day of racing for me win or lose.

As pointed out someone thought I took a hiatus, and I did, but this 1 day of racing I will not miss, but the everyday play is on hold, yes, life is tough, but getting better slowly, and as long as I am not dead I will always play Derby Day, sorry.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote