Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 02-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Like the pic of the dog
Thanks. That's my dog "Boo" and I'll tell her what you said. She's a rescue and I happen to think she is very photogenic.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
shoeless
Grade 1

Barb,

This should not be about some team in a horse racing contest
rather a person's well being.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
vderdak
Grade 1

I Agree - Quit

Patrick

I agree, you should quit, all of the information provided here is for you to review and take what works and use, what doesn't for you toss away but you have to think for yourself.

I will say this though, and take this in an instructive way, just observing your posts and what I believe many think but don't want to say is - you need to grow up and quit whinning about everything, be an adult.

Quit complaining or seeking sympathy because you don't get it. Please don't be that type of man.

So you lose, big deal! It's not the end of the world, it's only a hobby anyway, don't let your character be defined by horses running around in a circle.

So good luck and may god bless you in the future wherever that leads you!
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #14
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Barb, Bill and Jeff, I thank you for your responses, and your true opinions, I would expect no less.

Barb, as for the team, if my team member does not recover, last chat I had with him he sounded horrible, yes he could recover, I hope so, and then there is his wife of many many years, also, not doing the best, should he be made to endure a contest with so little to offer, over spending all the time with his wife, he has my prayers, my Churches prayers, and hopefully all of y'all's prayers too. But is not life more important than a contest, well to me it is, I was wrong dragging Rich into this, I feel bad for that, should have respected his wishes to not participate, isn;t that what true friends do? And Raymond, well he too is very very busy with his business, and doing great, but only if he is there and working, there is nothing wrong with that, actually it is very honorable for him to work so hard, I respect him for it, we all should, that is why, this team while made up of great friends, may not be the right thing for us, at this time. I did not forsee Rich's health problems , or Ray's need to work so hard, or my meltdown, and need for surgery, so sorry you are dissappointed, guess in time I will get over it, not a sarcastic response, I would love to have your ringing endorsment, honest, I always enjoyed our time together, our few talks, your duaghters attempt to help me with my health issues, and then Ted.

Jeff, you man are so right on, if you can't afford to play then go away, wish I learned that long ago, but like those that play the lottery, you hang around waiting for a nice big hit, that never comes, that you shoulda had, they are there everyday, big hits, yet I have eluded them so far, funny kinda, but in truth very sad, oh well. Can I learn now and try to keep the team going, if they both want to continue, I guess I would, but they have more important things in there life right now. Yes I guess you all could say the same thing and be right too, life we all live each day and do our best, some better than others, Rich has millions of grand kids to be with, ones who love him and her so much, there time should be with them, no? Not some losing horse player like me, just my thoughts, can you see it otherwise ?

Bill , as usual you're advice is right on, i may be in that lull, and the next 2 weeks be on top again, but my paceline selection is , for me the best I can do, and when in doubt I will use 2-3 lines and see what is better, I try some match up techniques learned from the Match up books, and then as for the +'s and -'s and circle's, to me that is not needed in RDSS because of the color coding, which I love so much. I now look at the conditions too, workouts for some races and modleing too, all this I do, as I been taught to do. But losing streaks are always there for all of us, maybe more so for me, not !!

The contest has races I most likely would not play, but must, so I do, we all do, some do very well with them, me not so well.

I focus more on Dirt sprints, 6 f and 8- 8.5 turf routes, clm/alw and some minor stakes, I do my best work with these two types of races, my records show this, yes records I keep them, did you think I did not, how can you try to win without them, right? But enough for now, I know my strentghs and weaknesses and still have trouble with my weaknesses, which I will not discuss now.

I must go now, think what you must , but sometimes friends get there friends into things they should not have been in, this looks to me like one of those times, I apologize to them for it, I was not thinking of them when trying to put a team together, again one of my faults.

Patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #15
barb craven
Grade 1

Just for the record, Patrick, I just finished speaking with Richard and he is coming along quite well. Still coughing, but a lot better and doing all his races which are his life`s blood, as usual. No sarcasm, just thought you`d like to know that all your prayers have been answered.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Dorianmode
always learning

Patrick,
I don't know you well enough to sort out what is actually going on there. But you are one of our best. If you are having trouble, I also say, take a break, and then come back, and for a few weeks, "reverse engineer" what wins. Don't even bother to handicap, for a few weeks. When you come back, just look at the winner, in the results, and THEN look at what would have won, by handicapping. Ask your self, "what are all the ways I would have had the winner in my top 4,3,2 ?" It's eye - opening when you're on a loosing streak. It's also how I tell people how to learn racing when they're beginning. Just let the results talk to you. Skip the wagering, and just do numbers for a while. NO BETTING. No pressure. Objectively look at what wins.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
shoeless
Grade 1

Those of you telling Patrick to take a break and come back are not
doing this guy one ounce of good. Instead he should be encouraged
just to walk away and go on with the rest of his life.There are things
FAR MORE IMPORTANT then being able to beat a race.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Thank you all

I over reacted, as always I do, but my life needs a recess maybe, too much for me to deal with, and yet I must deal with it. Sounds cryptic, but to me it does not, I'll do the best I can and let things sort out however they do,

Sorry for bringing it up, as someone said, and when looking at it now, it seemed that I am looking for sympathy, God I fffing hope not, if so then yes I need a lot of help, where is Doc Sartin now, I could use his theraputic help, my life is a mess, and I created it . POW , has helped me see thigs differently, but still on your own and not really , nevr mind.

Thanks all

Sorry

patrick
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #19
atlasaxis
Grade 3

Patrick,

We have not met and only conversed when collaborating on transferring the Sartin tapes to dvd. I know only about you from your posts on PA and here on P & C. Your situation in life FAR exceeds some meaningless contest and your decision to distance yourself from this GAME is step one on the road to positive changes in your life.

If Doc Sartin were still with us he could offer his expert advice. Sadly he is not, but there is someone that I know that he respected (only through readings of the Follow Ups) as a fellow psychologist, and that is Dr Robert Anthony. I see your latest posts not as looking for sympathy, but a cry for help. Three of Dr Anthony’s many books are a must read for anyone seeking to better themselves in life: The Ultimate Secrets of Total Self-Confidence; Dr Robert Anthony’s Advanced Formula For Total Success; Beyond Positive Thinking: A No-Nonsense Formula for Getting the Results You Want. They are available used from Amazon. If having a hard copy is not important to you, pm me with your contact info and I will send you the e-book versions that I have.

You owe no one an apology for anything Patrick. Horse racing is a game, life is not. I love the saying: “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” It is your decisions, not your desires that determine your destiny and I applaud you for taking that first decisive step. I wish you the best.

Best regards,
Tom
atlasaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
atkinsrr
Grade 1

PK I totally agree with atlasaxis...very well said....another great book by Dr. Anthony is called "Betting on Yourself". On page 98 he describes his first contacts with the "DOC" about win therapy...very helpful reading and great learning from this book..in addition...I'm wondering how many of the Baltimore Ravens have heard of "Doc" Sartin and the Psychology of Winning. Did they mentally take it to the 49ers or what??? yea I bet on the RAVENS BUT NOT BRAGGING...but I could see this coming a mile away...the supposedly best team (physically and athletically) doesn't always win..but the team that is better prepared MENTALLY WILL USUALLY PREVAIL. And defense does win championships...same is true for us wagering on horses...we have to be better prepared mentally than those whom we are wagering against...PK..take care of those health and personal issues...our # 1 concern in life should be our personal health...when you lose that, nothing else matters...best to you...Randy A.
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote