Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 04-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Any Bugs re NEW Version 0.98.6 - here please!

Please post any comments or questions or bug issues re the new version 0.98.6, or problems loading the Kentucky Derby card, here please!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 04-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
azbacks
Grade 1

Ted......

I did the update and received this error.

Pete
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
azbacks
Grade 1

Ted.....

Neeeevvver mind. I had downloaded the Update version and was rewarded with the above. I went back and downloaded the Full version and everything is peachy.

Thanks, pete
Old 04-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Pete,

Let me check to see if there's anything wrong with the Update version. Looked OK during testing though...

R
DSS -
Old 04-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

OK, a problem I neglected to clarify is that to get the testing database (with the 2008 Derby) you need to download and install the Full Install, not the Update Install. If you renamed your existing database file (\rdss\data\data.db) in order to prepare for the testing database, and used the Update Install, you'd end up with no database.

I'll clarify that in the Release Notes.

Hope that solves things for you, Pete.

Ted

Late news: Actually I deleted the Update Install package - there's no real need for it. The Full Install download has shrunk to only 15 Mb, which is not too large, I think. Just pretend the Update Install never existed...

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 04-27-2009 at 09:21 AM. Reason: added bit about deleting the Update Install package
Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
gandalf380
Grade 1

so far, so good. Memory problems seem to be greated decreased. I ran last year's derby and was able to run with all twenty horses.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
porkchop
AlwNW1X

Hello Ted! Just ran across something strange, thought you might be interested.

Earlier today I was using the FL and BEL cards for this coming friday, and everything was fine. Got home from work and downloaded the PIM card for friday as well.

When I opened up the date of 05/15/09 there was a card there titled SP5. Not sure where this came from? I tried to open the card and I recieved this error, followed by the program closing.

I reopened RDSS, opened all the other cards for the day to make sure everything was in working order, and it was fine. Opened up the mystery track again and recieved the same error. I'm not concerned about it, but I am curious as to what SP5 is...perhaps I have unlocked a secret level?
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #8
RichieP
Grade 1

Morning "Chop"
Those are 3 simulcast races from South America that will be shown following the conclusion of Pimlico's live card. They get tossed in the mix when you grabbed Pim file.

Just click and get out of them
Old 05-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #9
porkchop
AlwNW1X

Does this happen regularly on any tracks in particular?

I downloaded Thistledown, and received the same error. RDSS shuts down after receiving this error, so the card is not usable.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop View Post
Does this happen regularly on any tracks in particular?

I downloaded Thistledown, and received the same error. RDSS shuts down after receiving this error, so the card is not usable.
This is the same bug in a different scenario. The 'SP' coded tracks represent Simulcast Programming (often from South America) tacked onto the end of regular cards. As Richie says, just avoid any track codes labeled SP - I'll fix that in a future release.

The bug with Thistledown TDN and River Downs RD (Ohio tracks) has been observed and reported many times: these tracks sometimes run a co-mingled card, e.g. TDN runs races 1 3 5 7 9 and RD runs races 2 4 6 8 10 on the same day. The bug comes, like the SP 'cards', when RDSS assumes that the 3rd race listed on the card is actually race #3, when in the above examples it is not (instead it's race #5 and race #6 respectively).

I believe in the past, Kentucky Downs KD has run at the same time as Turfway Park TP and split their card this way. This does not always happen - sometimes TDN is all TDN and RD is all RD. To check on any given day if a TDN or RD card is co-mingled (and thus unworkable in RDSS), in the Data Centre, use the Ctrl+click feature to click on a given card to open the Equibase Entries page for that card in your browser and check if the card is co-mingled before downloading (and Paying) for it.

I apologize for this continued bug. It will be fixed in the next major release. Meanwhile, if you are paying for RDSS cards other than the unlimited plan, just send a note to TrackMaster (info@trackmaster.com) citing your name, TrackMaster User ID and the card (e.g. TDN 05/16 for RDSS) and they will issue you a refund.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-15-2009 at 08:07 AM.