Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS 1: Bug Reports
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 1: Bug Reports Historical Bug problems and solutions for the first version of RDSS (through V0.99.2)

Old 06-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlking View Post
Hi Ted. I find that when there is a large field 10 horses and up RDSS shuts down when trying to call up the past performances. It happens sometimes even after scratches and there are less than 9 horses. When I restart RDSS it usually works. Any possible explanations?

Namaste:

Mike W.
Yes, Mike (an explanation). In all cases, if you load up RDSS and go straight to that race which caused a crash with only 10 horses (or 12 or 14) you should be able to load it with no problems. The fact that it sometimes crashes when you switch to such a race after having worked with a number of other races means RDSS ran out of memory: it keeps a LOT of data and visual display info (fonts, colours, text attributes, column sizes graphic images, etc) and just runs out after a certain point.

As I've been mentioning, that core problem with memory management is what I am working on for the next release. RDSS will use a lot less resources and accomplish a lot more display, and more flexibly (i.e. different screen sizes). You should be able to have any number of races with full PPs open simultaneously, plus a number of new displays/print-outs

Hope you can hold on

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 06-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #22
mlking
AlwNW1X

Thanks Ted.

Namaste:

Mike W.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #23
gandalf380
Grade 1

error in odds display

Hi Ted:

RDSS seems to have a problem when odds are less than 1/5. It shows up as 0/5.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 PM   #24
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Charlie, that's RDSS' way of saying 'don't bet this horse'.

Seriously, thanks for that, I'll check it out.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #25
mlking
AlwNW1X

Hi TEd,
Here's a problem I'm encountering for the first time. Tonight (Jun 13) I am trying todownload the card for CRC and Wo and was unable to. I receivec a message to the effect that I should refresh the available cards and try back in 15 minutesa and also to report the following error message to info@artof pace.com: C:\Rdss\Trk-last-error-msg.htm
Any explanations ?

Namaste:

Mike W.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Mike,

Sometimes either the TrackMaster server is unreachable or your internet connection is not working, for whatever reason. That's what that message is saying - "I can't get to the TrackMaster server right now - please try again later'. Infrequently, it happens. The file named in the error message "C:\Rdss\Trk-last-error-msg.htm" might have more info about what the server reported, for debugging: in future, you're always welcomed to send it to me.

Did you manage to connect again and get your cards?

Another possibility, which happened to me the other day, is I was fooling with Microsoft Internet Explorer (a browser I never use, but the core of which, within WIndows, is used by RDSS for internet access) and managed to set its Online/Offline status to 'Offline'. When next I went to download within RDSS, I got the same message you got. I checked the direct access link to the TrackMaster RDSS files (the link on the Data Centre labeled RDSS Cards Webpage) and that worked (in Firefox) so I knew the problem was not with TrackMaster's Server, and managed to clue-in to switch that IE setting to Online.

You can always sleuth what the problem might be by trying that RDSS Cards Webpage directly. If you can get through that way (i.e. the very same way RDSS does) and using IE browser, RDSS should also be able to get through.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #27
mlking
AlwNW1X

Thanks Ted. I waited a while and was able to download the cards. it appears that maybe Trackmaster's servers were down for maintenanace. I recall reading that in some of their literature sometime back. I think they have specific times of certain nights that there servers are down for maintenance.

Namaste:

Mike W.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #28
bet2windo
AlwNW1X

expired 6/24/09?

i have been using version 0.98.6 that has been buggy(error messages when i start up rdss) but usable. today i couldn't download anything because the expiration is 06/24/09. i just started 04/09. my subscription is supposed to go to 4/30/10.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #29
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Re the Expiry Date - it's a registration issue: please check your Private Messages.

Re bugs on starting up RDSS: are there any other bugs besides the one you reported earlier in this thread about the ZIP routines? If so, could you please describe them and I will try to help you out.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-09-2009, 09:11 PM   #30
Maxspa
AlwNW2X

Class Rating?

Ted,
This may or may not be a bug as there may be an explanation I'm not aware of!
The problem begins when I need to scratch a horse. The class + APV ratings are given after the scratches are made. When I add the past performances another screen with class + APV ratings are given and today in race 5 at Belmont and in some other races as well, the ratings and horses are entirely different!
If I need to look past one set of ratings that will solve it for me but if it is a bug we need to get out the RAID!
Max