Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1

Breeder's Cup Pick 6 group forming

Is anyone interested from this site in getting into a pick 6 partnership for the Pick 6 on Breeder's Cup day?

This is not a lark ala Brisnet.

Here is what is being looked at now:

1) $ 100.00 investment per player

2) $ 2,000.00 ticket is the goal

3) FINAL structuring of tickets will be made by THREE people
a) Eric Penicka - you know him from the followups
b) Robert Cochran Sr. - Pirco teaching member
c) Myself

Schedule:

Wednesday Nov 1st - everyone downloads their data and works the races.

Thursday Nov 2nd - Everyone will be asked to give a "best bet" race along with the horse ( s) and WHY this is the race for THEM. We might be able to set up a private area where we can discuss the races amongst ourselves. This day is a gathering of feedback, selections from EVERYONE.

Friday Nov 3rd - Structuring and creation of the ticket ( s) by Eric, Bob and myself

Saturday Nov 4th - After scratches are announced wager(s) are made and each member gets a copy of the ticket ( s) well before post time of the 1st race.

This is it in a nutshell. Nothing is definite. Nothing is being asked for except an interest in doing this.

Eric ran this by me last night on the phone and I told him I would post up to see if there is interest here before moving on ok?

Please do NOT email me or private message me about this. If you are interested just post up here. This way everything is open and it can be seen if there is gonna be a group at all ok?

Thanx

Richie
Old 08-22-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Houndog
Grade 1

Count me In

Richie, great idea. Count me in if you can make room for me. I love playing the Breeder's Cup Races, but sometimes I do not know how to structure my bets properly. Since yourself, Eric, and Bob will be doing this part that's fine with me.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
Rverge
Grade 1

pick 6

Richiep,
I would like to participate.
Rverge
Rverge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
noddub62
Budman

Breeder's Cup Pick 6 group forming

Richie,

Count me in.

Bud
noddub62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Breeders Cup Pick 6

Just let me know how to send the entry fee to you

Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #6
racetrackjohnny
AlwNW2X

Hello everyone,

As Rich has said we are forming a small pick six pool to take a shot at the Cup this year.

Units of $100 are available and anyone can buy in with as many $100 units as they would like.

Our minimum objective for this pool is $2000 and will hopefully move into the $4000 - $5000 range.

All who join the pool are invited to send or post their analysis for consideration on the ticket(s).

Suggestions for this input would be for you to post the depth of contention as you see it.

Also your top 2 horses no regards for odds, and possibly your longshot upsetter with your reasoning on why this horse can win.
Any horse you consider to be a solid single.
Any race you feel extremely confident in your top 2.
Any analysis of European turf runners, or those coming to try the dirt here for the first time. Any factors you present for turf, or 2yo races that are outside the methodology will be considered.

I have asked Rich P and Bob C to join with me in sorting through the input and making the final decision on ticket(s). Both of these gentleman are outstanding cappers and are familiar with all aspects of handicapping both in and out of the methodology. Hopefully the merger of three differing handicapping perspectives will result in the best possible chance of putting together a solid ticket(s).
This is an extremely difficult wager to hit individually. Getting together reduces the risk and allows spreading. If this is a wagering opportunity that you feel comfortable with, then please do join the pool.
More details to follow as we get closer to the big day.
racetrackjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #7
jms62
Grade 1

Sounds like fun.. Count me in.
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #8
cprescigno
Spec Rookie

Rich,

Count me in.
Could I borrow $200 bucks?

Charlie
cprescigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #9
JimG
Grade 1

Should the group hit, how are taxes going to be handled?
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:45 PM   #10
racetrackjohnny
AlwNW2X

Jim,
We would all sign individually for our portion based on # of units owned in the pool. Each individual will get a separate 1099 based on their percentage of ownership.
racetrackjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote