Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 09-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #1
ray lopez
Grade 1

MPH-PRO (testimonial by Tom B)

Here's a testimonial from Tom Brohamer on the new Mph-Pro.He's one of the two product designers of the new program,with Craig Walker...

Trackmaster Testimonial from Tom Brohamer:
Want to know what the original author of "Modern Pace Handicapping" has to say?

I am absolutely “over the moon” with the release of MPH Pro, the web-based version of my MPH software. The original program, superbly written by Ken Massa, nicely incorporated all the features from my book but it was a DOS based software program and did not transfer well to the newer versions of the Windows operating system. The save-race and modeling capabilities, both major parts of the program, were lost to the user. It was also best used by manually imputing the pace line data, a clunky and time consuming task. Hence, no effective MPH program for more than fifteen years.

The folks at Trackmaster have given new life to MPH and all its features. And the good part is that MPH Pro is web-based and the basic input/output is virtually instantaneous. The pace line selection is automatic and quite effective and yet the user has the capability of changing lines and eliminating non-contenders. The modeling feature is calculated from like-races and is displayed along with three output screens showing ratings, fractional times, and feet-per-second fractions.

I know MPH Pro will be a great tool for handicappers of all skill levels. I have been using it regularly and I can tell you it is impressive in its ability to select price horses that may have been overlooked in a less-inclusive handicapping procedure. Ask me how I know this: as I’m writing this testimonial, a 22-1 winner just came home at in a race where he was 9/2 third choice on our betting line. Now a word to the wise: be careful in making changes to the pace line selection; the computer selected lines are where the high priced winners are found. And who couldn’t use an occasional 20-1 shot? Thank you Trackmaster!
ray lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #2
vderdak
Grade 1

I don't like the input screen which doesn't even show the horses position, only lengths behind at the calls and then at the end it lists the finish position. There is room to add it in there and it doesn't, for that reason alone I would never purchase it. If I have to look for it in another area why not use the program on here.
vderdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
Matt D.
AlwNW1X

Mixed results

I have tried MPH Pro. The median energy is different than what is listed in the book. The results have been decidedly mixed. Sometimes it will ferret out a couple of contenders but it misses a lot. Trackmaster needs more tutorials.

Matt D
Matt D. is offline   Reply With Quote