Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
partsnut
BetMix User

Wox 07-02-12 r3

WOX 07-02-12 R3

My choice in this race would be the (7) if I could get at least 5-1 odds on it.
The morning line for this horse is 4-1 so there is a possibility of getting a "value" bet here. However, the short field and the possibility of late scratches may dictate otherwise.

Here are my readouts for Synergism 2.
Normally I will show the top 4 horses but today I will show my top 3.
Attached Images

partsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
Bill V.
The egg man

get well

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsnut View Post
WOX 07-02-12 R3

My choice in this race would be the (7) if I could get at least 5-1 odds on it.
The morning line for this horse is 4-1 so there is a possibility of getting a "value" bet here. However, the short field and the possibility of late scratches may dictate otherwise.

Here are my readouts for Synergism 2.
Normally I will show the top 4 horses but today I will show my top 3.
Get Well soon Bill hope your feeling better

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-02-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Interesting choice of contenders, Bill.

I only see #4 #5 and #6 with a shot at winning.

If #6 Sky Dreamer can stretch out successfully it should be all over. She's got the Late Pace to do it too. Her only knock is the short price. She's 6/5 on the morning line.

Seeing as she's the only horse I'd bet, I'll pass this race and root for you.

Good luck.
alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:20 PM   #14
lone speed
Grade 1

Get well Bill...

Looking at your readouts only and nothing else...I see that #2 has an early pace advantage at the first call,thus I am going to slow him down one tick at the first call and and one tick at the second call and two ticks for the final time.

Take care
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 PM   #15
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,

Didnt know that BE VERY CAREFUL and hope you feel better.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #16
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,

I would go with the 7 as well as Doc would say look who owns the last 2 fractions.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 AM   #17
CEW
Grade 1

Hi Parts.............

I was reading through your comments on Synergism, etc. Interesting observations....and more power to you on your positive outlook. Bob Purdy really hit the nail on the head with that program.

I've been a phase 3 type handicapper since the 80s. Synergism II, in my opinion, is the ultimate program. Mainly due to the use of the old meridian variant. Once the user learns how to put the in right pacelines, the sky is the limit on high dollar mutuels. 2 horse betting is key.

After Howard passed, I decided I was not going to rely on anyone for software anymore. So I hired a programmer and we put together a download program using Formulator. It took care of the manual input, of course, and allowed me to concentrate on paceline selection. This way, I could start looking at races the same way every time without having to grind out the numbers. Things turned for me nicely once I got to that point.

The basis for mine is the meridian variant. I picked Synergism II apart over the course of one winter and figured out every adjustment it makes, save for one. In a nutshell, shippers (or any horse from another distance or surface) go through a meridian variant. Non shippers do not. Non shippers get a certain amount of adjusting based on the input of the track record.

I wished Bob would have had that program available in a download format, which would be a killer. I could be wrong, but I think his Syn 6 is all linear adjusted, like TPR. I used it briefly and was out of my element.

Anyway, that's my take!

Regards,

Chuck Wilson
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #18
lenabugg
AlwNW2X

this site dosnt help people that that are new to the game.i can not win with this rdss.nor is there any new help for setup ,it work when it came out .no ve good help. you all keep good info for ones self.
gione really
lenabugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #19
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenabugg View Post
this site dosnt help people that that are new to the game.i can not win with this rdss.nor is there any new help for setup ,it work when it came out .no ve good help. you all keep good info for ones self.
gione really
This site is the best on the internet for a new player. There is a plethora of free fantastic information that Ted and others have put together in the Sartin Library that is available for reading at all times. Not to mention the numerous posts from many Sartin-type handicappers that have "been there, done that".

If you are willing to do the work and just need a helping hand there are numerous people here that will help. Bill Varone is an excellent example of somebody that gives a lot of his time and expects nothing in return. He derives enjoyment from the "friends helping friends win" principle.

However, if you come here just expecting people who have been grinding at this great sport for 20+ years to just hand you their winning plays and how they got them, that is a bit unrealistic. The tools are here, people are here to answer your questions, and the people here are so knowledgeable.

When I was a newer player back in the day, I would have given anything for a group like this. Even though I personally am not a strict Sartin software player, the principles are extremely important for success.

I hope you stay and get your questions, which I have not read many of, answered. If not, I wish you nothing but good luck.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 12-03-2012 at 06:32 PM.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
Ted Craven
Grade 1

A reply intended for this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenabugg View Post
IHAVE SPENT $200.00 ON THE SOFTWARE FOR TWO YEARS AND MADEOOOOO$S .SAYING THAT WASNTLOOKING FOR A HAND OUT
I DO THINK I HAVE PAYED MY WAY. SO IF NO ONE WILL GIVE SOME GOOD INFO WHAT GOOD IS THE SiTE,SOME PEOPLE DO HAVE THE MONEY TO SPEND TO BUY THIS AND THAT .SO THIS IS MY LAST $100.00 .but i do thank you for your reply .haven't made any money ,hate to say what my loses are.
Lenabugg (Albert),

I agree (technically) with one point you make - 'this site doesn't help people'. That's the way it works: others do not help you more than you help yourself. I am reminded of the profound wisdom in the lyrics of the Beatles' final recorded song 'The End' ("And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love ... you make.") Translation: what you put into it is what you get out of it; give a little, and watch the (usually magnified) returns come back to you. BUT - you have to take the first step.

Perhaps I am losing my attention to details, but I do not remember your last request for assistance in mastering these tools and concepts (either a private or a public request). Operators are standing by! If anyone reports that they are having a wonderful time, making some money (or a LOT of money) with these tools then it follows that the tools are doing their job in the hands of a motivated and curious user. If you want to have some of the success you imagined for yourself when you first took on these tools - here is my suggestion: ask for help.

Here's how to do it: once a week (or twice a week, or once a day, depending on how much time you have to give), start a thread in the RDSS Forum with a specific race you worked which you did not win. It will be even better for you if you learn how to post a screenshot like you see everywhere on this website, so people can see what pacelines you have chosen, which horses you have chosen to make Contenders and which non-Contenders, and describe as clearly as possible your handicapping and betting decision practice. When you do this - and ask for others to help you understand the process by which they got the winners (or made money somehow betting that race) - this specific focus on details will help you gain knowledge and skills you currently do not have. But I repeat - the key, the absolute pre-requisite for success if you do not currently enjoy it - is to ask for help.

For example, I notice the last card you downloaded was for ZIA on December 1. Why not pick a race from that card or any other card you downloaded from that date and make it the subject of a discussion in a NEW THREAD in the RDSS Forum. Here is a video on how to make screenshots and add them to your posts here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8335 I personally guarantee that I will comment on that race, and will encourage others to do the same. Keep on posting examples you would like help with and you will keep on getting answers. Consider joining the RDSS monthly Learning Contest and use it as a method for improving your game by continually asking for assistance. Download some of the same races others have worked in that Contest and see how you could get the same result as the winners did.

If you toil away on your own, you have only yourself as a teacher. If you join a 'school' of excited students and competent teachers - and give yourself to the learning process by joining in and 'emptying your cup' so new knowledge can flow in - your own efforts are magnified many-fold and the dreams you had of success at horse racing will stand a better chance of coming true.

You paid $200 so far for support - why not make use of it (and why not consider upgrading to RDSS2 while you're at it)!

Looking forward to being of assistance. And feel free to write me privately anytime (support@sartinmethodology.com).

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote