Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
alydar_ David
Grade 1

Breeder's Cup Blues

Congratulations to all that did well betting The Breeder's Cup.

I got absolutely clobbered and thinking about it reminded me of one of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqM0NRUW7yI
Attached Images

alydar_ David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

$2 bet

Sorry David

Maybe they will run the BC at Keeneland Then we will see you shine

I took it easy I watched the races with Dad Just enjoyed the show

I made 3 $2.00 win or show bets

won $9.20 show # 2 Sprint
loss #10 show Turf
Won $7.60 #4 The great Zenutta

Now at Philly not so good
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
chris
Grade 1

Breeders cup

Also, found it more difficult than usual. As I age, I care less about ego and more about how I'm going to take some money out of a contest and get it into my pocket. I'm not a fan, I'm a customer; when faced with what I find to be an insurmountable mountain - now others saw it as a mole hill, but I didn't - and I'm the one I take to the betting windows, then I'll have to find another way. So I concentrated on Aqueduct, not a great day, but not a bad day either.

# of Bets Win % $1 ROI Wagered Payoff Profit/Loss
20 30.00% +4.96 $93.20 $555.10 $+461.90

This is my cumulative total for the day from my Twinspires account. That's 20 bets not twenty races. There were a few from the Breeders Cup, very few. But for me Aqueduct was the answer; there will be another Breeders Cup next year.

Congratulations to those who cracked it.

Regards,
Chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Breeders Cup

Congratulations to all that made money on Saturday. I cashed one small ticket all day. A $2.00 win and place on Vale Of York in the Juvenile race.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
seattlesnake
Grade 1

Great Day Fri. Great Race Sat. (Classic)

Incredible day on Fri.. but everybody knew it was gonna be a tougher saturday with all the unknown euro's..

But Furthest Land @ $44.60 (did not bet the race....) would have saved the day in BC Dirt Mile and thank goodness The Usual QT-$22.80 win/$606 trif in the Oak Tree Derby made it an ok day whew...

News of note....
With all the hoopla O'Brien and his stable was 0-23 coming into to the BC09...he won 1 race.... and in the BC Classic his top horse actually went up to 10-1 early in the betting... I wanna thank Frank Lyons and TVG for really building up all the euro's...... "The Ripper will win the race even if he is only 75%"....

Gonna slow down and take a few weeks off since this is my first season back and i wanna thank everyone here....very helpfull not just to me but to everyone who is willing to listen and learn from each other.... cool board...good ppl...

Lets Do It Again!!!..
seattlesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Houndog
Grade 1

Pletcher & O'Brien

Good point seattlesnake on O'Brien in the BC races. I see Pletcher in much the same light. They both come to the races seemingly loaded for bear only to fall short in many of the races.

On the other hand European trainers such as Sir Michael Stoute and Henry Cecil with less horses have more success.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Neil S.
Grade 1

I too realize that the Breeder's Cup is too hard to be able to dominate so for psychological reasons I sprayed 2 dollar win bets over all of my contenders in every event as well as a handful of higher priced Euros and emerged with 12 winners in 14 races and a very modest profit. I did manage to find two solid plays amongst the mine fields and went 1 for 2.

Rose Catherine ( had fastest pace of last race as a lone sprinter stretching out) She ran her eyeballs out but placed (No kids- I bet straight win)

Dancing in Silks-Cost of Freedom (not only was this the best odds play of the two days it had a number of matchup scenarios such as a race loaded with Earlies and these two had running styles that would place them off a ridiculous pace and positionally would give them the jump on the better supported "closers". Playing a 60-40 dutch using the morning line as my guide I put $6 on Dancing and $4 on Cost of Freedom as my main bets with the aforementioned spraying of contenders. Needless to say I got 8 dollars worth of a $52.60 winner that washed away any thoughts of how brutal the BC is to bet.
Not bragging here but the value is so amazing on each of these races that you can be right a fraction of the time and still emerge with a heatlhy profit.

Neil
Neil S. is offline   Reply With Quote