Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS > RDSS2 / FAQ's
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS2 / FAQ's Information, discussion, screenshots, videos about the upcoming version, FAQ's

Old 04-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

RDSS 2 Progress Report

I'll keep you all updated as often as I can on progress on RDSS 2.0. I had hoped for a short video tour of the software by today but this past week I spent more time than planned getting the first pre-Beta version out to 4 brave souls. The good news is that they all managed to get it installed and running (with a few hiccups) on Win XP, Win 7, Win Vista, several different screen resolutions, which was about as much as I was hoping for.

Plus, my Camtasia Studio video maker crapped out this week so no video anyway.

Any of you guys who are looking at RDSS2 this week are welcomed to report what you see (please be kind ).

Now, Alison and I are off to Woodbine racetrack today. If you see us in the Champions lounge, please do stop by and say hello! She'll be the cute one with the shiny new Dell Streak smartphone/mini-tablet. I'll be the other one. We did manage to get the Streak connected via Remote Desktop to RDSS2 running on the cloud-server. But the screen is very small. I'll blame any lack of success today on that Seriously, I'm holding out for an iPad2 or a Xoom later this Spring.

Then it's off to San Diego for a week-long stint at another increment of these Klemmer Associates 'Compassionate Samurai' seminars I've been attending over the past year. Personal development, goal-setting, self-examination (apparently I hadn't finished all that in my 20's). Alison will be holding down the fort by the pool and bar, and playing tourist.

Then I'm off to the San Fransisco Bay Area for another week with my buddy (and earliest RDSS 2 guinea-pig) Marty D. We hope to get to Golden Gate fields one day that week (April 11-23). If anyone is in the Bay Area and wants to hook up, just send me an email or PM and we'll try to arrange a schedule.

In May, I do expect to release the first round of Beta testing of RDSS 2. I have a list of folks who have already asked to look at it, but please send me an email or PM if you want to try it out. There will be a list of requirements for testing and feedback, but I'll get to that later.

I'll be checking in as often as I can to emails and the website, but it might take me a bit longer to respond than I usually do.

Have fun everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
barb craven
Grade 1

RDSS2 so far

Just checking in. So far I've been playing with all the new stuff. I love that the line your cursor is on is highlighted and that you can click anywhere on the line to add it in. It makes picking lines a breeze.
It took a while to find everything as everything is organized differently, but it is much more efficient. One thing though, would it be possible to have a slide bar along the bottom as well as on the side. Even by hiding the left hand side bar you can't see all the right hand side information without changing the resolution. For those of us that need larger fonts, it would make things easier.
I'm using Vista and Windows 7 and most things work. Rdss2 still crashes often if you have the tote running on Rdss1 on the same computer, so I run 1 on one computer and 2 on the other. That works.
The 'my races' feature lets you pull up only the races you want and will give you them for all tracks or only the tracks you play almost instantly and each race loads in in seconds.
I also like the fact that you can go back and forth between races and they all stay open.
I'm watching the new EL/2.0 screen with interest. A lot of the winners show up. Seattle's screen shots are great.
I'll just post more comments as they come up.
Have fun Ted and Allie.