Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 08-13-2023, 09:13 PM   #1
omar
Grade 1

What moxie I have

I only know a handful of people besides myself who would single this 12 horse on a take all pk6 ticket in the 4th leg. True the 4 won but shades VC of the 2019 derby. He pushed the 5 into the 12 and was placed 6th. I had no idea from a6-1 ml he would go off at 25-1, but yo me he figured on paper. Covered him win-place also and the exacta. Was out in the 2nd leg, no 9, but still alive for the late dd. Back to the board.
http://paceandcap.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1691975525
Attached Images

omar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 10:39 PM   #2
omar
Grade 1

In case anybody was wondering why I landed on number 12, the horse had three or four starts in dirt sprints and never raced in a route race or on the grass. This is a spot play I’ve used over many years because it works more often than not. True the 3 was in the same category after 1 win but I felt the 12 was a better bet at that time but at 22-1 why not cover him also. The 4 figured on paper as well as in the exacta board.
You know since I’ve been laid up, my board watching has really come back to me. In some races I don’t even look at the pp’s. Period!

Last edited by omar; 08-13-2023 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Add on and grammar
Old 08-14-2023, 05:54 PM   #3
ranchwest
Grade 1

I missed that one. Bred to go long and a decent turf pedigree. Nice pick!

I was on the 4 at 10/1, the DQ'ed horse. Fortunately I didn't have money on it.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2023, 06:49 PM   #4
omar
Grade 1

Whenever I see a lightly raced three or four year old horse, with only 12 or less dirt sprints that never raced in a route, or on the grass, those are the horses I will play in turf routes. It’s just a spot play of mine that I’ve seen trainers doing since 1977!
And why not single him in a horizontal bet to catch a score. The last pk3 at Dmr paid $192 with the last 2 legs chalk. Also the before and after doubles with the 12 paid $109 and $209 respectively. I used the 4 also but given a choice I say take him down. I saw him bump the 5 into the 12 live and so did Trevor D also.
Old 08-14-2023, 06:57 PM   #5
omar
Grade 1

By the way, I never look at the breeding.
Old 08-14-2023, 11:22 PM   #6
ranchwest
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omar View Post
Whenever I see a lightly raced three or four year old horse, with only 12 or less dirt sprints that never raced in a route, or on the grass, those are the horses I will play in turf routes. It’s just a spot play of mine that I’ve seen trainers doing since 1977!
And why not single him in a horizontal bet to catch a score. The last pk3 at Dmr paid $192 with the last 2 legs chalk. Also the before and after doubles with the 12 paid $109 and $209 respectively. I used the 4 also but given a choice I say take him down. I saw him bump the 5 into the 12 live and so did Trevor D also.
Yes, I knew immediately on contact live that there would be an objection and inquiry. He blasted right into the 5.

Congrats, you had a good play. I do consider first on the surface as important information, especially first on turf.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote