Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 02-05-2015, 05:53 PM   #1
The Pook
Grade 1

Punxsutawney Pook

So the Pook went into his hole the day after Groundhog Day playing Sam Houston for the first time, going 0/4 as shown by the previous posts. Not so unusual but annoying being so close on a couple. Able to battle back somewhat over the last couple of days but still in the hole looking for a score to help me see my shadow.

Aqueduct Race 8 today had the potential with one of my selections going off at 40-1. The 8 horse was a Finger Lakes import which looked good to me from my MU perspective. Great power moves last out. I settled on the 8 and the 9. See attachments below. They battled down the stretch and I thought I had an $80 payoff!!! The @!$%%& #8 lost by the closest of noses to my other horse at 3-1. Check out the replay. Anybody with money on #8 had their heart in their mouth. Thought I had found what I was looking for and would not only be free of my burrow but would be closer to Cloud Nine. ........aw well did have the $26.20 place though and of course the win on the 9.

So out of my hole. Saw my shadow. Six more weeks of winter and lots of racing to come

Pook
Attached Images

The Pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Jeebs
Grade 1

Very nice Pook! Qualified for this weekend's $20k contest at Derby Wars. The MU netted me some good winners and place runners, sneaking in for 6th in the Super Q at Gulfstream.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #3
The Pook
Grade 1

Thats awesome Jeebs! I don't know how some of you guys do it. I don't seem to do all that great in contests. But I will keep trying though. Good luck with that
Old 02-05-2015, 06:44 PM   #4
Jeebs
Grade 1

It was a "lockdown" qualifier, so my picks had to be in by first post. My initial "gut" feelings paid off. If you get time, check out GP races 1 and 5. Don't look at results if you haven't already. Cap the races after scratches and see where you would have landed.
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
The Pook
Grade 1

I usually play GP but avoided it because it was sloppy today. I'll take a look at 1 and 5 and see anyway (without looking at results of course).
Old 02-06-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
The Pook
Grade 1

Maidens on the slop and off turfs I wouldn't normally touch. Just for fun though:
(I haven't looked at results...I looked at the bottom of the result charts to get scratches and looked at other races to confirm track condition and off turf status)
I will post these picks, and my thinking, then look to see how I did.

Race 1
Contenders 7,10,11. Narrow to (10,11) because of sprinters present in a route so looking for OTE.

Race 5
Contenders 2,3. Same condition with sprinters as above but (2,3) are the only ones left that are bet worthy.

Pook
Old 02-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #7
The Pook
Grade 1

Got Race 1 but not Race 5. You hit Race 5? Don't know how you landed on that one.

Pook