Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1

BC Sprint

Here's a look at the Sprint. First, a look at a few of the principal actors, and an orientation to some of the Past Performance and Analysis screens. (To see the 3 panels, 2 PP panels and the Analysis panel, you need the vertical screen space provided by 1280x1024 screen resolution).
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 11-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Bordonaro runs to the 1st call as Early or Early Presser. He ran in 2 tandems (#3 and #9) as shown on the middle panel's Tandems tab, last against Thor's Echo inthe fastest Tandem on the board: 21.5 43.9 to the half, and in the Spring at OP against Friendly Island. I entered these 2 tandem lines and off the OP line, according to the Perceptor ranking for all horses shown in the lower Analysis panel, Perceptor tab, he is in the hunt.
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 11-03-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Siren's Lure runs Sustained so I tried the last 2 lines, his best per the Perceptor ranking, and also reflective of his running style. He is also highly rated in Perceptor against all horses.
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 11-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
Houndog
Grade 1

Question Ted

How does Too Much Bling look if you go back 5 lines to his SA race. Program looks good Ted. The reason I am asking as I used that line in Thoromation since I did not want to use the Calder race since that track seems to run a couple of seconds slower.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Malibu Mint runs Sustained. Although you can enter as many pacelines as you need for comparison, you can't see everything on the Analysis panel displaying on each horse's screen. This Analysis panel is just a view into the main Analysis screen for the race, where you can see everything (the lower image). She is the lone filly. Although the TP line for her shows her ranking 1st in Perceptor, her other lines rate nowhere near, and I'd be inclined to disbelieve that TP polytrack line as representative, and eliminate her altogether as a contender.
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 11-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Too Much Bling is a versatile positional runner. Supposedly the TrackMaster InterTrack Variants equalize the different tracks, and if so, we should be able to compare CRC to SA to BEL, the 3 lines I tested. The BEL line will rate it most kindly from a composite energy perspective (Perceptor), though there are surely other perspectives. The SA line with the 21.0 43.8 POR shows it can run against the fastest POR in the mix (though sitting back).
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 11-03-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
Ted Craven
Grade 1

War Front is probably an EP. Notice he ran in Tandem #1 against Henny Hughes (the G1 Vosburgh, gotta fix that Stakes name readout...), the top rated so far, and stayed right there. If that Tandem reverses... The one faster Tandem was the #5 with Siren Lure and Are you Talkin to Me. I'm a bit confused as to what to do with all the tandems. Per the Primary Factors screen (lower panel) War Front is in the neighbourhood.
Attached Images

R
DSS -
Old 11-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Last screen, and removed some of the worse lookers (on Perceptor). Of the Early running style horses, Pomeroy and Bordonero have the highest E/L early energy disbursement and energy ESP (both EPs), though Pomeroy has the lowest Total Energy.

I'll let this race stew for a bit and work on some others. This was an example to give folks a feel for what moving parts we have to work with so far in RDSS. From doing this workup, I see I've got some work to do on making it more obvious who owns the faster POR times compared with visual running styles (and hence coming up with a judgement on whether the race will set up Early, or Other than Early).

Good luck to all!
Attached Images

R
DSS -