Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

RDSS 2.2 (and previous versions) Racing Decision Support System - The NEW Version 2.2

Old 12-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #21
Dorianmode
always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lyster View Post
Bill,

Just a question. Is the CSR stat shown in your post, the original CSR that you get when you open RDSS or is it the adjusted CSR (if required)?

The reason I ask is when, say, a horse is running today at 9F but its last or second last race was an 11F or 12F race the usually slow adjusted speed rating from the marathon makes the CSR rank vs the other horses so low as to not be in the top 5 CSR. The CSR can also be low if the last or second to last race involved a significant trouble notation, in which case you might want to have the program not use the troubled race.

Regards,
That is absolutely the case. Part of the race prep process has to (still, of course) be looking very carefully at the horse's record. Using or not using a race line in it's (CSR) computation is crucial. Absolutely crucial. I think Ted and I talked once about being able to select which races to use for this number, in RDSS. I always use adjusted numbers (which come from TrackMaster) in my calculation of this, (and related numbers which in my models go into an entirely separate set of "further" data .. ie further numbers that can flow from just one set of numbers. I calculate my own CSR, but it's virtually the same formula that is in RDSS). They are powerful. I would defer to others who have a lot of data on these, in terms of stats, but in general, TrackMaster's adjusted numbers, with further statistical manipulation, (ie a correctly calculated CSR), are quite powerful. There is a short YouTube presentation of how TM does it's speed ratings, if anyone is interested.

Also just a brief note about the "#num!" (error message) you see in Bill V.'s screen shots. The Excel "min" formula, ... the row with the "blue" 0.85 (which if you're using the actual worksheet Bill is, means that 85 % of the data in that column, falls within the range of "1" to whatever the "min number" is showing as. The "min" is adjustable ... he could change it to 0.50, or 0.75 or whatever he wants to see. That error message means (almost certainly) somewhere down in the column of data (that it is calculating), there is either a blank or a "non-number". If that gets removed or fixed, the field with the "#num!" error message will display an actual calculated number.

Very glad to see the way that data is summarized was useful, Bill ! Thanks.

Happy and blessed holidays to all !!

Tom
(Dorianmode)

Last edited by Dorianmode; 12-25-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote