Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You?
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Hat Check - How Can We Help You? Jim 'The Hat' Bradshaw - Learn The Matchup

Old 05-22-2008, 11:45 PM   #21
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Another thing to add to the list:

One of The Hat's tenets was to choose the horse that ran against the fastest pace in the absence of a true pace setter. In this last contest one of the great payi.ng wins was a turf race from Pimlico. My matchup inputs set up the field against a horse that had run, what turned out for Pimlico, was too fast a pace line. This is not the first time that my Matchup setup has failed in a turf race. Are there any special Matchup pace circumstances for turf races that generally run late?

I have traditionally done well using the best of last three at comparable surface and distance and am prepared to go back to that approach or at least handicap the race in two ways to re-establish that type of profitability. Do you find that the Matchup works uniformly as well in turf races as on all other surfaces?

Thanks,

Bill