Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion > Synergism
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Synergism A Forum for Synergism Users to discuss, exchange tips, post race workups.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #151
shoeless
Grade 1

Bill,

According to the pacelines you picked looking at the dream race
not the PP'S the 8 would be early.

Jeff
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #152
shoeless
Grade 1

Pino,

Good point
Old 02-02-2020, 11:46 AM   #153
thelyingthief
Grade 2

FWIW:

using the two horse here is the reason auto fails - the horse set a pace 6+ lengths slower in his race than the other early, Moon on a ho-hum -16 TV, and is NOT a true contender. Moon has a slower final time, but this is not a final-time methodology.
He will not need to run to the 113+ pace here, and have 10 units of increased energy at the finish (2 for 1, Pizzola). Hence, when synergism interprets the matchup, it concedes a huge adjustment to the 2 and skews the readouts accordingly.
Moreover, when using raw figures in synergism, you are in Phase lll, and this requires inputting your own variants, your own track class adjustments, and your own track intra-class adjustments, and looking at the energy demands of the track, determined by model.

i personally try to look at contenders through Bradshaw's eyes - pace/race shapes and, the match-up/fulcrum. As he points out, the fulcrum must include the early fraction, as the probable location of a horse, no matter the running style, at both that and the pace calls makes him a contender or not.

The great thing about synergism, and all the early programs, is the reliance on one's own brain, you have to handicap the race. This is also the bad thing, as it's a lot of work. And to that, in this age of statistical approaches to the game, and ADW take-out allowances to the big players, it is precisely in one's doing what they do not do that gives us an edge - and they do not do match-ups, they do not do analysis. They have IV's for a race's participants, and when those are above the ROI for one or another horse (set by breakage and takeout (their price - ours is 10+ percentage points higher), their algorithm pulls the trigger (trying, by the way, not to affect the odds, so at small tracks they might be betting 50 dollars). They are playing 30 tracks a day, floating big handles. Good news, we get better mutuels than they, understand our track better than they, and suck their money down.

tlt

Last edited by thelyingthief; 02-02-2020 at 11:54 AM.
thelyingthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:00 PM   #154
harry31
Maiden

Synergism

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
I thought I would start this thread for people using Synergism the old
fashioned way.

Straight from Doc's mouth

Because of the way Synergism is able to auto adjust the data there is
no reason for any small adjustments to be made.Therefore giving the
user more time to pick thier own pacelines.

Why would you use an old DOS Program when there is a 64X Windows version available. I realise the data from HDW might be a bit expensive for a lot of people. Especially during the Covid-19 period.
Is the old Synergism program different in some way to the present Windows version.

Best Of Luck

Liverpool Football Club Forever
Go The Reds
harry31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:12 PM   #155
CEW
Grade 1

Harry (and "Thief" in the post prior):

I wasn't aware that there is a Windows version of Synergism. Can someone else comment?

Synergism, shown in this thread, was always a DOS program and some old guys still use it - me included but rarely nowadays.

Thief: I liked your comments above on the work it takes to beat the game. I agree of course.

Best of luck to all!

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #156
shoeless
Grade 1

Harry

Even though no doubt Synergism VI is better then Syn 2 , I dont bet enough races to warrant getting it as HDW is not cheap.

A better way would be to use RDSS and export the data to Synergism that way.

Welcome to the board

Jeff
Old 05-20-2022, 03:59 PM   #157
CEW
Grade 1

Hi Shoeless -

I forgot about Syn 6.....I take it by your post that Purdy still offers it (?).

Best,

Chuck
CEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:38 AM   #158
shoeless
Grade 1

Hi Chuck

I think he does if so probably has not updated it in a long time,best to you as well

Jeff