Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Old 12-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #21
Bill V.
The egg man

yes

Mike I have to agree with Jeff

The effort of every Sartin program was to do what
Mr. Bradshaw could do in his head

the stuff is built in ..

In almost every seminar tape that Mr Brashaw spoke on
he mentions how he tells clients to use the computer programs

From Doc himself .. the day I left to go visit Jim
"listen to what Jimmy teaches you about contenders and line selection.
Then enter your lines and use the Bottom Line Betting Line
It has the match up built in"

Mr Bradshaw called Doc and spoke to him on the phone when I was at
Jim's house . Jim told me Doc said make sure Bill uses his computer

I believe them when they say the match up is in the readouts

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #22
mikesal57
Grade 1

thxs Bill...he must have been an amazing guy to be around
Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #23
speedhorse
Maiden

Hi, this is my first post. This is in connection with the 5 step approach of Mr. Bradshaw. I would like to ask anyone from this forum what final time will I project for the example below: Distance 6 furlongs at SA

Horse A = 22.6 45.6 1:10.6

Horse B = 22.4 45.8 1:10.8

What would you say will be the projected pace/final time for this race where all the other entrants will be measured and eliminated? This is to understand fully what Mr. Bradshaw says when using a final time that matches the projected pace.
speedhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #24
mikesal57
Grade 1

ok speed..we'll try..

question are horses a & b speed horses...wire to wire..?

to project a pace you need to know WHO was leading at the 1st call and 2nd call

mike
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #25
justin13892002
Grade 1

Mike,

I am a 100% Matcher. Have been trying hard to get it since Jim and Richie were posting way back when. Ever since learning the Match-Up, my win % had def. gone up. It lets you get rid of non-contenders you would normally keep in by traditional handicapping. I have recently taken it a bit further, and through doing some of my own research, I have found a nice way to help figure some horses out, and get rid of non-contenders, but Jim was just the best of the best.

The match-up is different and should be looked at differently from all aspects. Don't read what Jim wrote years back, but really think about what he is writing. Read between the lines of what he is saying.

For example, when Jim wrote that 5 and 5 1/2 furlong races are over so quick its hard for a horse to recover from any trouble. Think about that! He is basically saying, the pace will usually win sprints, atleast thats what I get out of it.

I would really suggest anybody intersted in learning the Match-Up, to not use positioning. I believe thats for running styles only. Beaten Lengths is for the actual "Match-up" of pace-lines, and how a horse responds.

Just an opinion.
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #26
mikesal57
Grade 1

Funny..

After the drama I had this morning I capped the last 2 races at Penn Natl
both 6 furs...

I got beat by a 15-1 horses in the 8th..my horse was 6-1

and in the 9th...my 10-1 got beat by another 10-1 shot which was a 0 for 44 -6 year old

both times.. just at the wire...

So in conclusion...going back to basics and the win/place bet that I succeeded with before is best for me

thxs to all my friends for your help

But I still want to find those successful matchers!!

mike
Old 12-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #27
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin13892002 View Post
Mike,

I am a 100% Matcher. Have been trying hard to get it since Jim and Richie were posting way back when. Ever since learning the Match-Up, my win % had def. gone up. It lets you get rid of non-contenders you would normally keep in by traditional handicapping. I have recently taken it a bit further, and through doing some of my own research, I have found a nice way to help figure some horses out, and get rid of non-contenders, but Jim was just the best of the best.

The match-up is different and should be looked at differently from all aspects. Don't read what Jim wrote years back, but really think about what he is writing. Read between the lines of what he is saying.

For example, when Jim wrote that 5 and 5 1/2 furlong races are over so quick its hard for a horse to recover from any trouble. Think about that! He is basically saying, the pace will usually win sprints, atleast thats what I get out of it.

I would really suggest anybody intersted in learning the Match-Up, to not use positioning. I believe thats for running styles only. Beaten Lengths is for the actual "Match-up" of pace-lines, and how a horse responds.

Just an opinion.
Hey we got one...lets reel him in...

thxs justin for your post

If you can tell me/us by how u get rid of non-contenders and what your research has given you would be very helpful...

thxs

mike
Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #28
shoeless
Grade 1

Mike, What I said about the match up being already in the programs is what I read in the FU'S.I see you use RDSS and I would guess that the match up is incorporated in that program,Ted Im sure would be able to explain this.I know that the older programs had it as well according to Doc.Anyway best of luck to you in getting what your looking for.
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #29
mikesal57
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Mike, What I said about the match up being already in the programs is what I read in the FU'S.I see you use RDSS and I would guess that the match up is incorporated in that program,Ted Im sure would be able to explain this.I know that the older programs had it as well according to Doc.Anyway best of luck to you in getting what your looking for.
Jeff..I do use RDSS , but I want to do without it...but i guess my brain isn't up to par

mike
Old 12-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #30
justin13892002
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Hey we got one...lets reel him in...

thxs justin for your post

If you can tell me/us by how u get rid of non-contenders and what your research has given you would be very helpful...

thxs

mike

Mike,

What I Personally do to narrow the race down to 3 or 4 horses is find a race in the pp's closest to tdays distance/surface, and shows the horses usual running style.

Write down the 2nd call, and 3rd call times, usually are the 4 and 6 furlong times. Then right down how mahy lengths the horse gained/lost between 2nd call and finish.

It shows how the horse handled a certain pace similar to todays standards. You should then be able to narrow the field down rather easily to 3 or 4 horses.

You can post up PP's, and I can show you my method which is derived from Jims Match-Up.

Usually, once narrowed to 3 or 4 horses, I will personally match the horses up just as Jim did, just as the best I can. As far as contenders go, its actually very easily done, and is usually fairly consistent!
justin13892002 is offline   Reply With Quote