Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Hat Check - How Can We Help You? > Matchup Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Matchup Discussion Matchup Discussion and Practice

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #21
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooFan View Post
Now we go DEEPER into what he always said, "fastest pace last race".
Rich, you are TRULY privileged.
VoodooFan
Voodoo
This winning race pattern can DEFINITELY be learned and applied to WIN certain race types.

THIS race pattern is EXACTLY the one Jim showed me the FIRST time he pulled his Voodoo on me.

It was a turf race from Calder and I told him "how the hell do you get this horse Jim?". Then he showed me what he did which HONESTLY stunned the crap out of me. Then he proceeded to give me 3 more races like that one in the next week. Without telling me he was working on me getting to RECOGNIZE the PATTERN on my own. First 2 I missed completely than caught on for the third.

Nice thing is these guys usually pay good Voodoo. At times BOMBER prices.

You will see more of these here. Repeating winning race patterns.

Richie
Old 09-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #22
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Recognizing race types - Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
applied to WIN certain race types.You will see more of these here.

Richie
Knowing , recognizing, and defining this "race types" will help to know which MatchUp tool to break out the tool box.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw

Last edited by RichieP; 09-25-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:02 AM   #23
emilio840
Grade 1

Richie in the Pha race, I bet that race and lost. I bet #7 Storming. He came in 2nd. I thought he was the fastest horse in the race and the race was going to run EARLY. And he was going to be the Lone Early.

Is this a mistake of mine because I was suppose to match these horses only at 5.5f.

emilio
Old 09-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #24
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio840 View Post
Richie in the Pha race, I bet that race and lost. I bet #7 Storming. He came in 2nd. I thought he was the fastest horse in the race and the race was going to run EARLY. And he was going to be the Lone Early.

Is this a mistake of mine because I was suppose to match these horses only at 5.5f.

emilio
Emilio
I referred Jim to your post. I asked him to give you some feedback ok?
Richie
Old 09-26-2007, 11:19 AM   #25
RichieP
Grade 1

Positional advantage

I didn't know what else to call this scenario.

2 early style horses with the rest being really sustained POSITIONALLY.

Hat helper - "Look at the early horse(s). If he can not get the lead he needs at 1st call throw him out and re evaluate the matchup" - The Hat

This is a race from Zia Park yesterday afternoon.

The 1 is early. 23.0 first call and needs open lead to win. Can he get that TODAY?

Look at the first fractions/positions of the 7. Plus throw in the fact he is a FIGHTER(Hat's FAVORITE type of horse). He kills the 1.

Throw out the 1 and now re evaluate the race. Does the 7 appear COMPLETELY dominate now?

screen shots in order
1) whole field matchup
2) matchup after removing the slow ass 1 for re evaluation
3) result chart of the race

2 things to note:
1) The 7 has already destroyed the 3 and 5 in tandem race
2) Look at our matchup. then look at the result chart. Race runs EXACTLY like the matchup predicts. 1 takes the lead-goes too fast- 7 passes effortlessly and goes on to destroy the field.

This "Positional advantage" type race might be similar to a "clear-clear" setup the Hat taught me a year ago and is attributed to the work of the Parente brothers from Canada. They learned the matchup personally from Jim years back and are awesome.

I didn't want to use the name if I have mistakenly identified the makeup of it out of respect. They are members here so if they see this and want to chime in it is most welcome

Folks keep a lookout for this "setup". It won't be the last time you see it.
Attached Images

Old 09-26-2007, 03:27 PM   #26
VoodooFan
True Disciple of Voodoo

Quote:
Throw out the 1 and now re evaluate the race. Does the 7 appear COMPLETELY dominate now?

screen shots in order
1) whole field matchup
2) matchup after removing the slow ass 1 for re evaluation

Now that's a good one. Need to be reminded of this #2 point.

Quote:
This "Positional advantage" type race might be similar to a "clear-clear" setup the Hat taught me a year ago
Now that's very interesting. Future Newsletter food for sure.

Quote:
and is attributed to the work of the Parente brothers from Canada. They learned the matchup personally from Jim years back and are awesome.
For some reason, those Canadians take to Jim "The Hat" Bradshaw's MatchUp like a newborn pup wanting it's mamma. Most seem to be extremely open minded to it , like a kid with a classroom crush on his teacher. Not hardheaded and resistant like their Yankee brethren south of them. Hmmmm.., maybe I got some canadian in me.

VoodooFan
Quote:
"Richie never 2nd guesses, or ask "what if", but learns the concept I am teaching. This is one why he has learned and he is one of my best students. He is my pride and joy and best pal."
Jim "THE HAT" Bradshaw
Old 09-26-2007, 04:28 PM   #27
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:

Hat helper - "Look at the early horse(s). If he can not get the lead he needs at 1st call throw him out and re evaluate the matchup" - The Hat

The 1 is early. 23.0 first call and needs open lead to win. Can he get that TODAY?

Look at the first fractions/positions of the 7. Plus throw in the fact he is a FIGHTER(Hat's FAVORITE type of horse). He kills the 1.
Richie, I have one question. I got this race no problem. But looking at the result chart it appears that the one horse did indeed get the clear, easy two length lead he needed to wire the field. He wasn't pressured at all.

Seeing as how he got exactly what he needed, why didn't he win? What happened?

Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #28
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbulator View Post
Richie, I have one question. I got this race no problem. But looking at the result chart it appears that the one horse did indeed get the clear, easy two length lead he needed to wire the field. He wasn't pressured at all.

Seeing as how he got exactly what he needed, why didn't he win? What happened?
Check the fractional times of the result chart. then look at his times in the pp's Steve.

Did he really "get what he needed"to win?

Then look at the result chart times and look at the 7's fractions from the pp's ok?

WHO was in familiar ground and who was not? See it?
let me know
Old 09-26-2007, 11:01 PM   #29
Turbulator
Grade 1

Quote:
Check the fractional times of the result chart. then look at his times in the pp's Steve.

Did he really "get what he needed"to win?

Then look at the result chart times and look at the 7's fractions from the pp's ok?

WHO was in familiar ground and who was not? See it?
let me know
Yes, I see it now, and I understand it.

Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 11:15 PM   #30
Turbulator
Grade 1

Philadelphia Race

***Hat Helper #2*** - "Find the fastest pace from LAST race. If that horse's running style fits TODAY'S projected winning style (early/other than early) use that last race pace of race and if you have to substitute another line's POSITIONS for the ones shown in last race.This is OK to do." - The Hat

OK, now wait a minute. This race just went completely over my head the first time I looked at it. I had to look again. This is simply amazing, and I don't get why it works.

The horse ran in a race with a similar (or same) pace as today's fastest pace of race, so that allows you to switch positions with a better race! You switch a 7-7-5-5 with a 7-6-1-1 just because he ran in a race that matches the "fastest last race pace?" And the race you're switching with is a maiden race no less!

And I'm assuming this is not just a 5 1/2 furlong thing either, but that it's applicable to all distances...right?

Why does this work?!

Closed Thread