Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-03-2013, 07:00 PM   #111
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
Thanks, Ted!

I am kicking myself for not having Beholder, as I would have nailed the rest of the tri and exacta with the late addition of Unlimited Budget. OUCH! The only saving grace was putting a WP on Princess of Sylmar and that helped. Considering it is my first time playing with the RDSS2, this really made me super happy.
Parakeet,

Congratulations on an auspicious start! I too missed out on that Exacta. I was pretty sure Beholder was going to get creamed on the front end. Kudos to her.

We made our money on the same bet: a WP on the #6!

Bill - you may have made the best ROI of us all with your 6-1 return in the Show pool! I lost my other Win bets and all my Exacta bets.

Looks like Dogkatcher and the Team Squatheads also cashed on this in the PAIHL Team Contest.

Good luck & skill tomorrow - everyone!

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #112
Psychotic Parakeet
Grade 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Parakeet,

Congratulations on an auspicious start! I too missed out on that Exacta. I was pretty sure Beholder was going to get creamed on the front end. Kudos to her.

We made our money on the same bet: a WP on the #6!

Bill - you may have made the best ROI of us all with your 6-1 return in the Show pool! I lost my other Win bets and all my Exacta bets.

Looks like Dogkatcher and the Team Squatheads also cashed on this in the PAIHL Team Contest.

Good luck & skill tomorrow - everyone!

Ted
Hi Ted,

Thank you!

I went back to the drawing board to figure out where I went wrong, but it seems the only factors were her TT was second best, and she had the highest APV% and CR values over everyone else. Everything else was "eh"... I don't know. Just one of those things, I suppose. She nearly got it on class alone.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #113
packtrain
Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
8-6-4

I lean towards Presser/Sustaineds to collect after the upfront mashup, hence the #6 (Presser, by me - last line E/L is aberrant) and #4.

#8 Julia has a strong F1 off last race and does not need to be in front but will not lose contact.

Attachment 34209

Attachment 34210

The #6 looks like a Presser and won't be more than 1 length off at the 6f point. Excepting her last, she may well own the 2 best F3s. Gotta love the ML Odds! On top and underneath, somewhere.

Good luck all!

Ted
New to the forum, Hi to all. Ted what were your thoughts for dropping Midnight to the secondary contenders? I couldn't get her out of the top 4. I had been watching beholder out here in the west and had a cushion bet on her that got me back some $. Otherwise I was in with #8 & #4 and #2. Thanks
packtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 PM   #114
atkinsrr
Grade 1

you are so right PSY-ParaKeet..RDSS 1 had this horse ranked 2nd BLBL after hides and
4th on the IMU with the best 3rd fraction....I cashed 2- 50 cent pic 4's for a little over $3600.00 and also have the 6 going in 4 pic 3's with the Woodford Reserve and the Derby....for tomorrow....one ticket has 6 going in the Woodford and 9 horses spread in the Derby...man if Wise Dan gets beat this thing will pay a fortune....hope you guys had this horse in the Oaks,,,good luck and good skills to all tomorrow...as "Doc" used to tell us in the follow-ups...a little meditation and visualization tonight may help us tomorrow
atkinsrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #115
chris
Grade 1

Pre-Derby doings!

Congratulations Parakeet; a creative call. I did'nt see it as clearly as you did, but they're always opportunities on these big Racing Days if you're looking for them, which I always am.

COMPLETED: 89dab-418ee CD #7 $ Exacta 3,4,9,10,​WT,8

It paid in excess of $400.00 for every $2.00; It wasn't a life changing experiene, but my ticket was large enough to make it life enhancing!

Regards,
chris
chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #116
sureshotlink
Grade 1

Awesome Job!!!! " Pasadena is in the house"

This is a great example of looking past the last pace line and going back to best of last 3 comparable. I got stuck on the last line for this horse because it was a grade 2 event. Sometime we over think these graded stakes races and get a little astringent with pace line selection.

Again congrats!!

Success to all
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:04 PM   #117
atkinsrr
Grade 1

U R right sureshot...I entered lines 1 2 and 3 on him and RDSS gave me line 2 on top,
I sure wish that other longshots were this easy to get....maybe tomorrow !!!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #118
sureshotlink
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atkinsrr View Post
U R right sureshot...I entered lines 1 2 and 3 on him and RDSS gave me line 2 on top,
I sure wish that other longshots were this easy to get....maybe tomorrow !!!!!!
Atkinsrr,

No Maybe tomorrow.....it will be tomorrow!!!

Look forward to everyone posting there derby pick's!

Success to All,
sureshotlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #119
atkinsrr
Grade 1

Sure wish I could pick the derby winner but I'm not that smart..but since I have live pic 3's going and I'll have pic 3"s and 4"g going tomorrow I'm spreading a bunch of horses...I'm gonna hit the Woodford so I'll have 4 live tickets going into the Derby...
I have 9 horses going in the Derby, 3, 5, 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, 20...I got it down to 8 and I added the 9 on a ticket because he is a graded stakes winner..but no computer program will get him in there...I don't want a G1 winner beating me like it did last year when the numbers weren't there...Doc Sartin told us that we must consider G1 winners going into the Derby...so I put the 9 in...will also put him on a couple of tickets tomorrow with all the others...good luck/skills everyone
Old 05-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #120
trotman
Grade 1

Congrats to all on that horse. Now from APR 30 " Now Back To The Kentucky Derby...!". With an 85% chance of rain this race will be a pass as it is most years for me. I do think that the winner will be coming through NY this year and those are Vyjack, Verrazano, Normandy Invasion, Overanalyze as 2yr old.
I'm not impressed with any Gulfstream races for any horses not just the Derby horses so IMO too many variables. Enjoy the race.