Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #11
Mitch44
Grade 1

A speed rating will out perform the fulcrum hands down for both winners and for "Getting the right horses into the computer." I.e. contenders. Why?? Because a SR considers the 3rd FR which is incorporated into final time. Also a SR considers the variant which is incorporated into it. The fulcrum does none of that PERIOD

There frequently can be several horses very close or in contention at the SC. The question is who will survive or be there at the finish. Many horses can jump out there for a commanding lead as we see this often. Then they hit a brick wall of distance and fade. Tired and spent horses that stop in the stretch.

While a SR is far superior to the fulcrum, it is still inferior to other proven Factors for contenders and for winners.

Until some old heads cast away old concepts and old programs they'll never get past 1st grade and residing in a corner with a dunce cap on. Adapt or perish. Forget about the fulcrum as its trash and unworthy of even mentioning, let alone honorable mention.

Mitch44
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 04:53 PM   #12
MJS6916
Grade 1

My final input on this thread/subject - Part 1 of 2

I forgot I wrote this back in 2016:

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=29

I should have qualified it back then (and in my only other post in this thread)
with the caveat of noting that MP's "Fulcrum Technique" used the raw times from the PPs,
like Mitch44 aptly mentioned; therefore my takes from earlier today and 2016 are very much in error.
I just assumed people would use a competently adjusted 2c time,
eventhough MP didn't mention such even in his video the other night.

My position and opinion on the PPF# (with proper adjustment) isn't as high it once was.
In fact, on it's own it tells very little without some result chart analysis IMO.

This time around, I'm not as diplomatic in my take of his PBS #s.
They're just like the Beyer SFs of the last 25 years......a total sham.

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #13
MJS6916
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

I'm sure Michael Pizzolla is a good teacher and an even better showman and marketer. Better than me, anyway.

Ted
My final input on this thread/subject - Part 2 of 2

MP is a better showman and marketer than most people apparently.

Handicapping Magic had some useful nuggets. A book of only 1/3 of HMs material should just by default.

HM pales in comparison against ANY of the other 3 books listed below,
when it comes to the quality and quantity of meaningful contribution to handicappers

(of course not saying I'm in 100% agreement with any, and that there aren't other good books)

Yet if you have the time to look at any of these links,
it's easy to see that marketing must still triumph over substance in society;
amazingly also in a group like handicappers who we would think are
infinitely-and-genuinely more interested in improving ourselves as parimutual investors
based on hard data, our own experiences and the experience of proven pros.

https://www.amazon.com/Handicapping-.../dp/0967987024

https://www.amazon.com/Six-Secrets-S.../dp/1932910964
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Pace-H...s%2C157&sr=1-1
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=The+Compl...f=nb_sb_noss_2

If you're still worried that we'll see the day it will be impossible to make some serious dough as handicappers,
after going through the comparisons in what each piece of literature can be sold for in today's market.....
....then change your perspective immediately. As for me, I'm not concerned in the least.

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:48 AM   #14
shoeless
Grade 1

Well for someone who is not in a position to afford RDSS I guess I
will have to sit in a corner with a dunce cap on and my older program
shoeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 10:03 AM   #15
Mitch44
Grade 1

Shoeless:

I have given you a proven way to get contenders and great PP's for .50 cents to a $1.00. Those PP's have very good Pace figures and other great Factors, to no avail.

You have no desire to succeed because when one has the drive and will you could find a way. Its none of my business but you're probably spending enough on making poor bets to afford RDSS.Where are you getting your PP's and what are the cost of them to input data into an old program? Winners find ways, losers just keep making excuses.

"Well for someone who is not in a position to afford RDSS." Just another excuse that you always fall back on Shoe. Excuses only benefit those who make them! Stop the insanity and do something about it. Shoe I've given you before a blueprint for success however I can not do it for you.

For all others avoid NIP's or Negative Influence People. They only tear you down to their level.

Best of luck on all your future endeavors Shoeless. Pull up your big boy pants and put on your shoes and get with it. No more sympathy as I'm all out of that and bubble gum.

Note: "sit in a corner with a dunce cap on," was not directed to any individual. It was a generic reply to a previous comment from another who referred to kindergarten and 1st grade, and progression to get away from the fulcrum.

Mitch44
Old 07-11-2021, 11:20 AM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeless View Post
Well for someone who is not in a position to afford RDSS I guess I
will have to sit in a corner with a dunce cap on and my older program
No Jeff - you should use the tools that work for you, enjoy your handicapping experience, bet modestly - and don't listen so much to the opinions of others.

Best wishes,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:15 PM   #17
shoeless
Grade 1

Thanks very much Ted
Old 07-12-2021, 07:48 PM   #18
Lefty
Grade 1

Shoe don't let 'em get you down. There are proficient users of RDSS, but there are also
proficient users of Sartin's older programs and also other prgms out there. It's called
different strokes for different folks.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:21 PM   #19
Mitch44
Grade 1

Many users have used the older programs and have cut our teeth on them. Users like Lt1, Richie Mattie and myself.Their advice is sound in that no older program will out perform the present day RDSS. Who doesn't want more winners?

When it came to progressing in the Sartin concepts Sartin once told an instructor to; "Get with the program or he would no longer be in the group and should stick to raising Guppies."

We all play to get winners and make money, some need more motivation to reach their potential. Cuddling some one isn't a motivating factor, just a crutch for a status quo of losing.

Mitch44
Old 07-13-2021, 07:52 AM   #20
shoeless
Grade 1

Thanks Lefty I wont

Thanks Mitch