Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > 2nd Annual Howard Sartin & Jim Bradshaw Memorial Triple Crown 2010 Contest
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2010, 08:29 AM   #1
JimG
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby Chatter

Use this thread to chat about the upcoming Kentucky Derby. Do NOT use this thread for your contest bets. I will create a thread later in the week when the post positions are drawn and the morning line odds have been determined.

Hope we get a lot of participation and best of luck to all in the Triple Crown Contest!

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #2
JimG
Grade 1

Big News!! Eskendereya is out of the Derby. The pundits will now have to find a new favorite. I was looking forward to betting against him. You can read the article here:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/112471.html

Jim
Old 04-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Big News!! Eskendereya is out of the Derby. The pundits will now have to find a new favorite. I was looking forward to betting against him. You can read the article here:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/112471.html

Jim
Wow this is gonna be some wide open affair now. I am gonna be real curious to see the winning E/L graph pattern as its my feeling the last couple of years TC races are seeing a shift toward EARLIER reads on that graph.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #4
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP View Post
Wow this is gonna be some wide open affair now. I am gonna be real curious to see the winning E/L graph pattern as its my feeling the last couple of years TC races are seeing a shift toward EARLIER reads on that graph.
Hi Rich,

I would not be surprised. Jockeys seem real concerned about going out too fast on their mounts. Many go into that first turn with their feet in the dashboard like Santos did many years ago. Such conservation of pace would seem to favor early in general.

Jim
Old 04-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
trotman
Grade 1

I'm not going to overlook even in this less than stellar field
there are only 4 last race G1 winners and IMO this is an important fact. Sidney's Candy, Line of David, Stately Victor and Ice Box all won their last races and they we're G1.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
JimG
Grade 1

Here are the entries for the Kentucky Derby
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
JimG
Grade 1

Interesting to see the two morning line favorites drawing arguably the worst post positions for the race. I'm not sure what Battaglia is thinking making Lucky 3-1 morning line. My guess is the favorite, whoever that may be, will go off at 9/2 or more.

A wide open event that to me this year seems quieter than in past years leading up to the race.

Jim
Old 04-29-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
Bob Cochran
Grade 1

Kentucky Derby Weather

It appears the weather channel is predicting an 80% chance of rain and
thunderstorms.

good luck all
BobC
Bob Cochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
JimG
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cochran View Post
It appears the weather channel is predicting an 80% chance of rain and
thunderstorms.

good luck all
BobC
Hi Bob,

You are correct. Below is the latest I got from Yahoo on the Louisville weather for tomorrow:

Tomorrow: Thunderstorms - some locally heavy downpours are possible, especially in the afternoon. A few storms may be severe. High near 75F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 PM   #10
trotman
Grade 1

I just can't make the bet in the slop at any time so I'll just enter the contest and wait for another day.