Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Classic Sartin Programs - Support, Discussion Phase III/MPH, Synergism, Energy, Kgen, Entropy, Thoromation, Quad-Rater, PaceLauncher, Synthesis, Validator, Val4, Speculator, etc ...

Old 08-25-2016, 04:44 AM   #1
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Validator Demo Disk Documentation

Hi All,

Does anyone have a pdf of the documentation that came with the Validator Demo Disks, or know how I might get a copy? I found my disks, but not the documentation.

A friend is interested in the Sartin Methodology and I thought I'd let him use the Demo Disks to begin his journey. I know RDSS allows 30 days for demo, but he doesn't have any download accounts, and I think he wants to learn at a slower pace (no timed expiration). This is where those disks come in handy.

I believe the documentation has the odds and results which is key to measuring progress.

Thanks,

Bill K.
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:45 PM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Demo

I don't recall much written documentation that came with the Demo disk
I believe there was a cassette audio tape with Howard giving his instructions,

Your also looking at a very early version of Validator, with a short lived
final readouts screen, The demo disk is Val 1 which was quickly updated
to Val 2. Later with Ted's help came Val3 and then Val 4 or Val2006
BTW You are going to get some strange results because Ted had to upgrade
the speed rating calculations in 2006

I believe the results for the demo disk races are in one of the follow ups
I will see if I can find which one, However I have a suggestion,

I suggest you get a RDSS trial and download the FREE sample data cards
Ted provides
You can set RDSS to mirror Validator and It will be much easier to learn and ask questions about the methodology using a 2016 program

I love validator so I will always help if I can
just ask away HERE

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Bill K. and Bill V.

I don't think there is a RDSS trial any longer. Now, if I understand correctly, you buy the software and if you do not like it, you can get a refund within 60 days.

http://paceandcap.com/forums/showthr...l+subscription

I agree with you completely about using 2016 software. I highly recommend the RDSS2 and have had my first very profitable year in a long time since switching over to it. I was always a big fan of the manual entry Synthesis program, but have become a believer in RDSS2 having used it for almost a year now.

Best of luck in your wagering,

Dan B.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:31 AM   #4
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Thanks for the replies.

I use RDSS2 myself, but my friend's new to racing, and I was trying to introduce him to the Methodology at a more leisurely pace. That's why I remembered the Val Demo, but Bill V. just reminded me that the speed rating change makes that version unreliable.

I also have Validator 2 which was not updated because I use RDSS2. I have the Validator Manual Entry as well. Maybe I can come up with some practice races for him using that and the DRF paper. That way he can learn the Methodology at his own pace before committing to the modern download version (i.e. RDSS).

Thanks,

Bill K.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:06 AM   #5
Swifty0x0
Grade 3

Bill V.

Afterward, it occurred to me that even though the Validator Demo won't be compatible with TrackMaster's latest speed rating formula, it should still work with the 3 track cards that came on the disks because those would contain the old speed ratings.

So, if I can still get the documentation or results for them then I could let my friend use them to get started.

Bill K.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:14 PM   #6
DanBoals
Grade 1

Bill K.

If you go to equibase : http://www.equibase.com/static/chart...ex.html?SAP=TN

and click on the historical link, it will let you get results back to 97 I believe.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
validator demo