Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

RDSS Racing Decision Support System – The Modern Sartin Methodology

Old 05-24-2008, 12:41 PM   #31
mikesal57
Grade 1

Belmont 1st May 24

I see the # 8 picking up the pieces from the #1 and #5 battling on the lead..
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #32
Dallas4lr
Grade 1

Rich,

I havent turned DTV or ITV off, so I will attempt that on my next Belmont card.

Next weekend it might be fruitful have why have several groups doing the same card with prescribed settings and comparing the differences. It may not have anything to do with RDSS at all and more with the crazy track profile at this time.

Ted,

I'm not as concerned about the losses as much the fact that many of these races are being won by tier5 or worse horses. Not having this problem at the other tracks, I have capped many of the same races as froggy has presented with similar results; but when he plugs these horses into energy they move up dramatically.

I lean heavily on the velocity, E/L, and segments tabs besides BL/BL when handicapping. In my case I find these low tier horses to be ranked so low in total energy and on the BL/BL that the dont make the top 5 or tier 5 at the most. So for the most part they are out of my final consideration. I believe if they were ranked higher I would most certainly have more winners, because I do use a two horse betting strategy.

Anyone else feel free to chime in, between the rain and the proponderence of lower tier winners I'm steering clear of Belmont for a while!

Carl

Last edited by Dallas4lr; 05-24-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #33
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas4lr View Post
Rich,

I havent turned DTV or ITV off, so I will attempt that on my next Belmont card.
Carl
NO NO NO

Don't change a freaking thing man. I was asking so I could set mine up like YOURS and work some cards that's all. PLEASE do NOT change settings.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Y View Post
Spec is doing very well there day to day.
Glad to hear that Tim.

Just in case anyone is not clear on this: RDSS is Spec160, with a Windows user interface. Same numbers, same screens (mostly). Any success with Spec160 can be duplicated with RDSS.

Tim, would you have a half-dozen BEL races from the same or perhaps adjacent cards you'd care to identify (or post screenshots, say in the Spec Forum). Might be instructive. I could render them in RDSS for those users.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #35
gandalf380
Grade 1

Belmont coming around

Ted:

Don't make any changes to the program. It is doing well again. Since May 18, the top 2 choices are winning approx 46% of the time and the top 4 choices approaching 70% of the time. In addition, the top choice alone is showing a net profit. Now, this is based on my handicapping and my interpretation of how I use the program. You can see my selections for free the day after at trackmaster.com

Charlie Bedard
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #36
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here's the link to the previous day's picks for all TrackMaster handicappers. Look for Charlie's under Belmont. He uses RDSS, so anyone interested in tracking how he identifies contenders and bet selections could keep track of his picks on a daily basis and work the same races in RDSS to see what it would take to duplicate those Belmont selections.

http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/axtmtls.cgi?tmf

Hint: I believe Charlie has said elsewhere that he uses the Powerline indicator, among other tools, to help identify pacelines for contenders (those little coloured squares next to final times on the Original screen: best Pace or Race where the horse finished well or ran well through the stretch call).

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-02-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #37
gandalf380
Grade 1

Another good day at Belmont. I usually cut the field down to four contenders in each race. . Ended up today will all 10 winners in the top four. Four races won by the top selection. Belmont has been running fairly consistent in regards to Rdss.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #38
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Here are a few more links to Charlie's past public Belmont picks at TrackMaster, which are all free to review after the current day.

Just to be clear: this is NOT a tout for Charlie's or TrackMaster's selection service, rather a means to study one person's long-term, public, before-the-fact selection method at Belmont (and NYRA tracks) using RDSS as a primary tool. There's a good likelihood that each race's 4 picks bear a strong resemblance to horses well regarded in RDSS. An analysis of several weeks worth of selections, and working the same races yourself, should provide a useful model for approaching Belmont, or likely any track.

http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/t.../bel0601c4.htm
http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/t.../bel0531c4.htm
http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/t.../bel0530c4.htm
http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/t.../bel0529c4.htm
http://www.trackmaster.com/cgi-bin/t.../bel0528c4.htm

etc... (just change the date in the link - don't know how far back these are archived)

I'm only offering this information, and under this particular thread, as a potential means to help those who may be finding Belmont a challenging track. One has to develop one's own methodology - it can't be borrowed from another. Guidance from others is a gift, but in the end it is each single one of us pulling the trigger for our own selves.

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #39
jms62
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Glad to hear that Tim.

Just in case anyone is not clear on this: RDSS is Spec160, with a Windows user interface. Same numbers, same screens (mostly). Any success with Spec160 can be duplicated with RDSS.

Tim, would you have a half-dozen BEL races from the same or perhaps adjacent cards you'd care to identify (or post screenshots, say in the Spec Forum). Might be instructive. I could render them in RDSS for those users.

Ted
I am not getting good performance at Belmont as Tim is ...

Last edited by Ted Craven; 06-02-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: editorial comment...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:52 PM   #40
Tim Y
turf historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I am not getting good performance at Belmont as Tim is ...
I will post some this week as I will be a bachelor as the Mrs. is going to Owens Sound Ontario for a week with her entire family while I tend the gate and the photo finish booth here on the left coast. Either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Harlem Rocker looked plain and ordinary over the weekend in Toronto!!

I find at the Big Sandy, where closers have ALMOST as good a chance as the speed, the incremental deceleration screen works well as it did in the Met Mile.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tim Y; 06-02-2008 at 12:57 PM.