Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) > Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Grade 1

Starting Fresh , from the beginning .

Okay , I know I have been posting alot lately , I hope my post's have been helpful too others, as they have been very helpful to me,thanks to eveyone.

Now I almost feel reborn, given a new chance, and this time I would like to proceed with a better understanding and guidance if I could, maybe even some proven advice for someone starting over from scratch, and let me see if I learned anything so far.

Since I am not curerently downloading and have not been for a month or so, I think the 1st week of Del Mar was my last week, the week I did very well in the DM Tourney,and then I had to rely on pp for my capping and went from being 100 out of 5000 to down to 3000 or so, but what I did during that one week was to phenominal, I was on cloud nine, it was clicking, then life interrupted and I was forced to stop downloading and almost ended up homeless, besides getting a wake-up call about my health to boot, but to give up and roll over,no not me I have dedcided I NEED TO CHANGE MY LIFE AND CHNAGE IT NOW, this includes everything, my entire life needs to be different , my thinking, ,my actions and my result all need to change.

My life had no fun in it, my life was a struggle I was losing, my health almost took me out,but I was given a 2nd chance to get it toghether and I want to take full advantange of it but I will need help, please, nothing major, just a little encouragement and help along the way, as most here have made the journey I am about to make already, so you will know of some of the stumbling blocks that may lie ahead of me , so a little guidance on this path would be awesome, as this place is like no other and you people are like no others, The Spa will never be the same again, you guys were and always will be the classiest bunch to ever gather there. Not my words , but words of others who were there this year.

So getting myself in order, which I am beginning to do now , and I will be able to begin downloading again in a month or so, l'd love to start now, but that has been an issue of mine for so long impatience, desparation, and it hurt my ability to focus clearly, always trying for that big hit, mostly for the finacial reasons of the hit, but never got it, yet 2 days ago, I almost hit a 12000 plus superfecta , using Bob's Cora system with my free 25 wager at the new ADW Racing2Day, but did hit a 447 trifecta, so I see the potential, and must back off and get me in line before I proceed, let's get the fun back in my life, and get me to lose the weight I need to, without suregry, where if I had the money I may have had the suregry already, because I have failed alll attempt till now at losing an weight, but now I will try to do it the old fashioned way, eat right and excersise, otherwords change my life and not fail this time, as failing is not an option,PERIOD.

BUT back to beginning again, I will have no wagers to look at yet, no downloads to study, not even any tracks to keep track of. Then the beauty here is that so many people do so many different tracks and yet you all do well at them,and I know must decide when I begin again which track to download and study, and even though I asked this many times , if I was to begin again this winter, what tracks should I begin with, if I wanted to try using Bob's CORA wagering system, provided BOB doesn't mind and since he shared it with us I doubt he would, so that would be a track that has nice classy( higher avg class) fields and tracks with plenty of superfecta's, prefferably .10 super to start with, as I will enjoy being able to confidently crush a race and get all I can from it, and rightly so as I deserve it, because I learned how to crush a race. This is not a greed thing , just the opposite, no it is a winning thing, being able to win every vertical bet available gives one a sense of accomplishment, a compelling confidence, something I have been lacking, maybe due to my desperation, my impatience and thus scared to go for it,no more.

So I think maybe GP or Tampa Bay, AQU , any other suggestions and why, remember I am starting from scratch, so I am willing to change from before, and also like to concentrate on only a few tracks and learn them well enough before moving onto others, but never getting more than half a dozen or so , except for big stake races,especially the TC and BC races.

I also need to be able to select the right race, but until I can download again I must wait to be able to spot playbale races, and then also be able to discipline myself to not play if conditions are not met, as it only takes one hit and discipline enough to recognize and stick that will be crucial to my success, and yes finding that one horse to be the key too ( actual handiicapping ), but that I feel is the easy part, taking advantage of it when I find is I feel is the hard part.

Now I will not need to keep track of my wagers if I use the CORA system, but will keep track of my win/place bets to see how well I am doing and what races I am winning more often, to further help me crush the races I do well in and have found a edge in, thru MODELING, yep,I still must model my wagers and my races, to know my track and it's horses abilities/energy there according to it's class, this is a must. Seattlesnake I wish that color coded model would be available to use, it seemed to me the most simple and eye friendly model available ,and a quick scan capable model, just like RDSS is, where something sticks out , you see it easily enough.

That takes care of the tools needed to succeed ,now actually putting them into use, provided me and Seattlesnake could work something out to be able to use his Modelmaker, and Bob and I can hone our skills on the CORA method, well maybe BOB doesn't need to hone his skills like I would , but maybe we could work some races together, like Barb and Richie do regularly, no wonder she is so great, a legend in the making I heard from people at the Spa, they were that impressed with her ability, but she works hard for it and we all know Barb is a winner too, like i will be soon enough, after I accomplish this major change in my life.

Thought I would put this down on paper and see what it looked like,any suggestions and comment , please do not hold back, compliments or criticism, I am open to both,am I on the right track or am I nuts, or both?

I am tired but when I do start over, the object is this time, is do it right because I should and I know how to, and losing is not an option that a winner has ,yes not every race ,but my share of them enough to have a positive ROI, a huge ROI, something they said I could not do regularly and to that I say ,haha, take this...my motivation sort of....

patrick

Last edited by pktruckdriver; 09-02-2009 at 10:07 PM.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Bill V.
The egg man

Read Walk Read Type

Hi Pat

This is what I feel can help you

First start walking .... I mean it Just start slow and walk
you will feel better and thats the best thing
Every day when you wake up set a small goal
write it down . make sure your goal is something you can do
anything works The best thing is to set goals that
will make your life better

example . Today I will balance my check book
or today I will get the oil changed
I know its simple but its like the walking art
simple , helpful and positive actions

as you go on you will soon be setting bigger goals
once again go slow!

Next thing is Read ... Try and read follow up 70 - 88
If you really want to learn read them all
Every follow u no matter how outdated the programs
shown might be, has bits of Sartin Methodology
fuel to guide you to a winning mindset

I have some hand entry old programs
I suggest you practice by hand entering pacelines
this will help you and it cost nothing
Many of the data providers offer free Past performances
for races you can hand enter these lines

Its great to learn Everything you hear about Richie is
true Read ask guestions specific questions about ppace lines or contender selectiion are always welcome here on PC

When you can down load again
I suggest focusing on a lesser track one that runs long meets
and use that track as your skill developer
I picked Philly many years ago
I downloaded every day for years
and practiced on races every day even if I never bet
I invested in myself

Walk Read Write Do Type Read Learn
Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 09-03-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
RichieP
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver View Post
Seattlesnake I wish that color coded model would be available to use, it seemed to me the most simple and eye friendly model available
patrick
I believe the color coded model he shows is the one available with RDSS Patrick.