Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Bill V.
The egg man

Thanks Bill H.

I'm sorry for my inability to understand your point
Everybody who has entered into the June and July has
done so ,agreeing to a set of rules. To enter the contest they have indicated that they have read and understand these rules.
In the "Leran To Win" contest format Ted and I have set up, the rules state.

to review :

2. Consistency. Hitting a $200 Win bet is a thrilling, yet unsatisfying (to others) way to win a contest and can be a demonstration of short-term luck rather than long-term skill. We wish to emphasize consistency as a foundational concept of the Sartin Methodology. Thus, Win mutuels will be capped at 20-1 ($42.00) and Place mutuels at 10-1 ($22.00). Further, there will be a consistency scoring system as part of this Contest,

Hit Rate (i.e. 'batting average') tallied for every player ongoing, in each month's contest. Hit Rate = number of events (i.e. 20 per month) / number of Wins or Places. For example, a player makes bets in 20 races in a month. In 11 of those races, a horse you bet on runs either 1st or 2nd (or both, in the case of 2 horses). The Hit Rate = 11/20 = .550 (or 55%). A players total bankroll ($2000 – 20 x $100 + winnings from the 11 races) is multiplied by the Hit Rate to get the Final Score. For example, in the 11 of 20 races hit, a player has net winnings of $2700 and a Hit Rate of .550. Their Final Score is $2700 x .550 = $1485. The Final Score is a combination of Net Winnings and Consistency.

So as I read your post, are you are saying that the only people who should get the hit rate (i.e. batting average) bonus added to their score are people who only bet 1 horse per race ?

Please clarify thank you
Bill

Last edited by Bill V.; 07-27-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #12
Ted Craven
Grade 1

August Rules

Hello Folks,

We've decided to go with a simple definition of Hit Rate for August, which is described in the August Contest Rules Changes.

Simply: you get a Hit if your bet makes money. If you break even or if you lose money over all your bets in a given race, you do get the money for your Bankroll, but no Hit. Hit Rate above 50% (.500) gets you a Bankroll 'Consistency' Bonus.

Please see the Official Rules and the Changes Summary for complete details, or to ask for any clarifications.

Please join the Contest, win $$$ Prizes, learn, teach - enjoy the fantastic tools and community we have here!

yours,

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 07-30-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #13
dirty moose
Grade 1

I'd like to join you guys. Seems like fun. I will have to read all the rules.
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #14
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Moose - LOL! That Contest was from August of last year (2012). Perhaps we should consider resurrecting some kind of Contest for the Autumn ...

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #15
dirty moose
Grade 1

Ha wow. That's funny and sad all at the same time.
I noticed it in the similar threads at the bottom of the page. I just assumed it was new lol

Anywho. How are you feeling ted?
dirty moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Matt,

Better and better, although with a lot of typing, my forearm gets pretty sore after several hours. This morning I went to my regular horseback riding lesson and managed to do 45 minutes of lunge-lining with a fairly feisty mare and the shoulder is only 'singing' a little bit. So that's a good sign!

For now, instead of a Contest, why not practice a few race posts in Selections of the type you would have done IF there actually was a Contest!?

Post a screenshot before the race, give a few words about your analysis process and state a wager (including any conditions you apply if you're not making it at post-time). It could be great practice!

cheers,

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Bill V.
The egg man

I'm ready

I'm ready to fire up another contest.

How about some idea's for a format ?

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #18
Hoof 11
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Matt,

This morning I went to my regular horseback riding lesson and managed to do 45 minutes of lunge-lining with a fairly feisty mare and the shoulder is only 'singing' a little bit. So that's a good sign!

Ted
Is there any chance of a possible mount at WO in the distant future? lol

Seriously though, riding horses after surgery? You might want to slow down there Tex.

That contest sounds like a good idea, avert some of the recent negativity into some positive teaching lessons.
Hoof 11 is offline   Reply With Quote