Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > General Discussion
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

General Discussion General Horse Racing Discussion

Old 11-13-2023, 08:13 PM   #31
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1 View Post
Darryl had the problem but Teds' fix has program working again minus tote board. I still have Profit Line & BPP #S showing..
Tim

Tim, I suspect you fetched those ratings before TS changed their website this morning. Most others were not so lucky.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 09:33 PM   #32
Lt1
Grade 1

Yes Ted I finished the card about 8:15 am eastern so I had the numbers before the problem began.
Tim
Old 11-17-2023, 08:38 PM   #33
stormbringer
Grade 1

7:31 pm Arkansas time

rdss not working with or without ts data to tell the truth I can't even get to the config screen I will try again after I work a race. check here for anything new or if it works. at 8:30pm central time
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 09:50 PM   #34
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer View Post
rdss not working with or without ts data to tell the truth I can't even get to the config screen I will try again after I work a race. check here for anything new or if it works. at 8:30pm central time

Either:

1. open RDSS, count to 60 (i.e. wait 60 seconds), then go to the Config screen, or

2. read this Post #2: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...02&postcount=2 to edit the TwinSpires settings outside RDSS software, in the RDSS Config file.

Ted

R
DSS -

Last edited by Ted Craven; 11-17-2023 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:46 AM   #35
Mr.Pagine
Happy Punting

Any update on the fix?

There was a great song by Dire Straits called "Money For Nothing", and the opening line was "I want my MTV" and was repeated four or five times, incredible song.

This software is incredible, and "I want my Profit Line & BPP"

Enjoy the weekend folks, and don't forget to cash!!

Jon
Mr.Pagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 02:33 PM   #36
DanBoals
Grade 1

Hi Ted,

I know you do not want to hear this, but RDSS without the tote and the results is a lot less useful to me. Maybe other customers are fine without the tote and results, I do not know.

Is there anyway Trackmaster can provide this? I pay Trackmaster for data, I do not pay Twinspires for data. Before moving to Nevada, I bet over a 100k a year with Twinspires and was part of the elite program, but Nevada made it illegal to do business with out of state betting companies like Twinspires so now I have to use the much worse instate options, at least until I move elsewhere.

Right now, without the tote updates to know what the current odds are and without the results to get saved automatically to my exports, it is just not worth what limited time I have to do races to keep RDSS.

I plan on letting my RDSS subscription expire next month, and will be gladly restart it when these issues are permanently fixed. Hopefully Trackmaster will lose enough business that they will step up and provide a tote and result service to their customers instead of leeching off Twinspires.

I love RDSS and have been a subscriber for 8 years or so, but now that I am playing a couple times a month, it is just not worth all the extra work that the loss of the tote and results requires.

I hope this gets fixed, I look forward to subscribing again in the future.

Dan
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 03:33 PM   #37
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dan, sorry to lose you (even if temporarily) as a RDSS subscriber. Tote has been part of RDSS from the beginning (though intermittently, over various tribulations with SuperTote, then BrisNet, then TwinSpires). TwinSpires' BPP and PL public ratings are only available from them (and are still available). Results have been available in RDSS from TrackMaster/Equibase from the beginning - only not used as such, I agree (quick results/prices, accessible for modelling). I plan to do better with that Results data from them.

TrackMaster/TwinSpires is not an ADW and do not provide tote data. That's just the way it is and will not change soon. I have to get that where and how I can find it.

TwinSpires has upped their scrutiny and blocking of apps which fetch data from their site, as is their right. RDSS is not re-selling that data, only providing what you would otherwise see with your eyeballs when looking at their web pages.

I have not been sitting on my hands with this problem. Nor have I been providing the blow-by-blow of all the things I have been doing to understand the problem and come up with creative solutions. I just want to provide a solution. I believe I am close, but stay tuned - you and everyone.

Each person has their own level of how deep it is worth their while to dig for combinations of data to crack the horse race analysis problem. I respect your limits. Others have more time to spend and have chosen to dig deeper, many with uninterrupted success.

Wishing you all the best!

Ted

R
DSS -
Old 11-30-2023, 07:43 PM   #38
Ted Craven
Grade 1

I am making progress ...

Name:  AQU.11.30.2023.R8.Rx.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  179.5 KB

R
DSS -
Old 12-07-2023, 08:45 AM   #39
Lee Adams
AlwNW1X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post

Most people I've corresponded with this morning are able to at least load RDSS to get to the Configure Tab to make the changes I advised. However, if you cannot load up RDSS to the main Desktop screen, close RDSS then go to the Configure file and make the changes there, outside RDSS.

The file is located here (use your Windows File Explorer): c:\Rdss22\Configure\Configure.ini. Open this file in a text editor by double-clicking it. Search for the following terms (found within the [General] section):

//Tote/Scratch Retrieval: ON=1 OFF=0
Tote_enabled=0

//TS Ratings/Scratch Retrieval: ON=1 OFF=0
TS_ratings_enabled=0

If the value following the = sign is a 1, change them both to a 0 (i.e. OFF).

Save the file, close it, then restart RDSS.

Note: if your Configure file does not HAVE these 2 terms (an older/long-standing Configure file setup), you will have to add them. With the Configure.ini file open, look for the line reading [General]. On a line AFTER that line (i.e. within the General Settings group) add the 2 lines above (e.g. copy and paste the lines above to your Configure file).

Ted
my setting are correct but not getting PL or PBB. Is there a way for me to find these as I been trying unsuccessfully to locate.
tks
lee adams
Lee Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 05:36 PM   #40
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Lee, RDSS currently cannot access those Ratings or Tote or Mutuel results from TwinSpires. It will do again soon (likely January, by now) in an update.

The instructions in this thread are to help you get RDSS working again (by turning OFF the automatic attempts to connect to TS which cause RDSS to stall or run slowly). But you still won't have those ratings right now.

Meanwhile, there are lots of other ratings!

Ted

R
DSS -