Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Velocity Programs
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Velocity Programs This area is for users of Older type Sartin Programs hand entry type

Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #1
Houndog
Grade 1

Energy Track to Track Adjustment

I received an e-mail from someone expressing concern for a lack of a track-to-track and distance adjustment such as the later programs that utilize the Trackmaster download. It was a good and valid question and I thought I would post my answer to give other people on this board my views on this.

Any and all comments are as usual always welcome. Following is my resonse to the e-mail I received.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i've been extremely uncomfortable with energy, entropy, and others, because they lack a means to equalize lines to today's track and surface. what do you do about this?

If you want the capability to equalize lines to today's track and surface the "ENERGY TYPE" programs are not for you. You would be better off using Ted's Spec160 program that utilizes the Trackmaster download.

Remember with Energy and THOROMATION the adjustments are made by the horses you enter in the program. If you enter false contenders it will boost slow horses and slow down fast horses.

The automatic adjustment in Energy and Thoromation works pretty good if you just put true contenders in and also limit the horses entered in the program.

You do have the ability to use the alternate (E) adjust in Energy and the #2 adjust in Thoromation which equalizes Total Energy. This will work if you have shippers coming in from slower tracks; etc. You must be careful with this adjustment because in many cases this is a really big adjustment.

Just to further address your concerns about Energy and Thoromation some people thought these programs would function better if somehow the pacelines were adjusted for track and distance. This in essence would defeat the purpose of the automatic adjustment since you would have 2 adjustments.

Energy and Thoromation are very different programs then the programs that were released later such as Quad-Rater; Pace-Launcher; Synthesis; Validator; and Speculator.

If the lack of not having a track to track adjustment is a concern I would recommend that you consider using Spec160.

To answer your original question I try to enter proper contenders and pacelines in the Energy program and let Energy make the adjustment. Jim Bradshaw's and Richie's posts on the Match-up for entering contenders and paceline selection is perfect with programs such as Energy and Thoromation. I always mention these 2 programs together because the underlying core is much the same, the difference being that Thoromation is more graphical in nature.

Hope some of this helps.-----Houndog.[/B]

Last edited by Houndog; 03-02-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote