Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...)
Mark Forums Read
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts

Sartin Methodology Handicapping 101 (102 ...) Interactive Teaching & Learning - Race Conditions, Contenders, Pacelines, Advanced Concepts, Betting ...

Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 PM   #11
Appy
Grade 1

Love the enthusiasm Ryan!
Bill's posts about his work at Parx provides some of the most interesting I've seen. I agree a functioning database is an integral component to successful decision making.

Your effort at compiling a track database has not been wasted just because the current meet is over. It serves as a foundation for what you do once the new meet begins.
Can't recall an exact quote, but one of my favorite Sartin truisms goes something like, 'If you don't have all the information you want to use, use all the information you have'.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:42 PM   #12
Ryan.p.coli
Grade 1

Appy-

Thanks for the note. I'm glad to hear that the SA races are still somewhat useful. I've heard people complain that the bias on the dirt changes from day to day... so maybe I will be able to validate that claim using data from the past two weeks.

Since I have automated this process to a certain extent, I hopefully will be able to get this decision model moving quickly. Will be happy to share results every week. Maybe we will start a thread discussing track bias at each track each week (if we determine one exists). Should be a fun summer of racing.
Ryan.p.coli is offline   Reply With Quote